Doctors thought man had hay fever but his symptoms were a sign his life was at risk
A man was repeatedly told he had hay fever or asthma by doctors but his symptoms were signs of a life-threatening condition.
Richard Kitchener from Shepshed went to see his GP multiple times over the course of a year after suffering severe breathlessness.
As time passed, his symptoms got so bad that he was struggling to walk.
The 52-year-old, who runs his own gardening business, said: "Around Easter time last year, work suddenly gets busy.
"I see about four customers a day, but by about midday each day I was feeling really drained and lethargic.
"When I was walking the dogs,... read more
- 03:17 Volunteer firefighters in Australia warned not to crowdfund for...
- 03:17 ‘It was like a war’: survivors describe horror of attack at Jewish...
- 03:03 Devastated parents tell of grief after diabetic six-year-old died...
- 03:00 White Island volcano: NZ police consider high-speed mission to get...
- 02:46 NT police shooting: officer says he was stabbed before alleged...
- 02:41 Lakers vs Magic brawl: Two players ejected in bizarre scuffle with...
- 02:30 Election day weather forecast - when will be the best time to vote...
- 02:25 Shake-up bears fruit as Australia’s cyclists get back on track
- 02:11 A12 lorry crash: Widower says trucker's jail appeal is 'painful'
- 02:05 Downside boarding school monk 'ignored abuse of pupil'
- 02:03 Morrison responds to fears over bushfires but rejects censure of...
- 02:03 Queensland school runs out of water as commercial bottlers harvest...
- 01:29 EXCLUSIVE: Courier poll showing rise in support for independence...
- 01:04 Climate change: Anger as protestors barred from UN talks
- 01:03 Sudoku 4,639 hard
- 00:52 20 Islamist terrorism suspects arrested in raids across Denmark
- 00:52 General election on a ‘knife edge’ as Labour make gains in polls
- 00:51 Raptors honour Kawhi Leonard with special touch in tribute video...
- 00:47 Why like Emma Watson, we're happy to be single at Christmas
- 00:47 How the BBC reports polling day
- 00:46 Cameroon conflict: 'I go to a secret school'
- 00:46 Are India's claims about minorities in other countries true?
- 00:46 Volcano tourism in the spotlight after New Zealand eruption
- 00:46 What are beauty pageants really like for black women?
- 00:45 House approves $738bn military bill with money for Trump's Space Force
- 00:45 Trump antisemitism order denounced as bid to silence critics of Israel
- 00:44 Talking Horses: Trainers revolt over increased fees for apprentice...
- 00:40 Free parking at the Royal Priors Shopping centre on two dates over...
- 00:39 General election 2019: Scotland goes to the polls
- 00:36 Joe Biden: Democratic presidential frontrunner denies one-term pledge