Doctor Who: What do the critics think?
Jodie Whittaker's first episode of Doctor Who has received broadly positive reviews from critics.
Her performance, those of her co-stars, and the production values of The Woman Who Fell To Earth were also praised.
But some critics felt there was still room for improvement.
In his four-star review for The Sun, Rod McPhee said Whittaker "may be the breath of fresh air needed to revive a flagging franchise".
"She doesn't always strike the right balance between quirky geek and masterful Time Lord. And at times she comes across as irritatingly childlike.
"But the highest... read more
- 13:06 Have you got Leicestershire's cutest cat or dog? Enter our Prize...
- 13:05 Fire chief takes on Cheviots challenge
- 13:05 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 13:04 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 13:03 Kettering and Corby shops caught selling knives to under-18s
- 13:00 Nemanja Matic an injury doubt for Manchester United’s trip to Chelsea
- 13:00 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:59 Budding actors take to the stage in society’s first youth production
- 12:59 E-fit released of two men following burglary at house in Cleethorpes
- 12:59 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 12:59 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:57 £17million pub industry in Hartlepool facing beer tax hit
- 12:56 More than 500 businesses slapped with food hygiene warnings in...
- 12:56 Kettering and Corby shops caught selling knives to under-18s
- 12:56 We've all be grating cheese wrong, but here's how to do it properly
- 12:56 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 12:56 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 12:55 Drugs and cash seized as police make arrest over gunmen on...
- 12:54 Dark web paedophile Matthew Falder's sentence reduced
- 12:54 Russell Bishop 'murdered two Brighton schoolgirls in 1986'
- 12:54 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:54 Sexual objectification of men could become a hate crime
- 12:54 Tommy Ward must play waiting game with next fight date and opponent...
- 12:54 Disrespectful vandal decapitates First World War memorials in Ashfield
- 12:53 Woman, 92, in critical condition in hospital after being struck...
- 12:53 Arts ahead: October 16 2018
- 12:53 Lack of Leeds flood defence funding could put lives and businesses...
- 12:53 Louth school celebrates record pupil numbers
- 12:52 How you can help design Leeds’ new £13m mental health unit for...
- 12:52 John Bercow urged to quit after Commons bullying inquiry