Do NOT rush into a second pregnancy: Study warns autism risk is 50% higher for couples who conceive within two years of giving birth
Couples who rush to get pregnant within two years of giving birth are 50 percent more likely to have a child with autism, a new CDC study warns.
A gap of more than four years appears to be just as risky, the researchers warn after assessing hundreds of US babies with developmental disorders.
The authors say women need at least 18 months to regain the healthy level of nutrients needed to carry and nourish a baby. Those who waited longer than the average tended to have fertility issues.
The research adds more weight to current guidelines which advise waiting more than 18 months to conceive... read more
- 20:26 Arsenal news: Gunners agree loan deal with Napoli for David Ospina
- 20:23 Cyclist in serious condition following collision in South Yorkshire
- 20:22 Man Utd news: Paul Pogba needs to feel happy at club, like Mo Salah...
- 20:12 Transfer news LIVE updates: Liverpool done deal, Pogba latest,...
- 20:09 Sweepstake in aid of two good causes
- 20:09 Firm giving back to nature
- 20:09 Canine visits for isolated residents
- 20:08 Dalton United club reveal former captain has passed away
- 20:08 Brace yourselves - Storm Ernesto is heading our way this weekend
- 20:05 Blackadder star Howard Lew Lewis 'died from natural causes'
- 20:04 Marking 10 years since devastating flood in Morpeth
- 20:04 Contact lens gets stuck in woman's eye for 28 years and forms cyst
- 20:02 Couple in voyeurism case awarded $1m by Washington state judge
- 20:01 Person detained for possession of drugs and bladed item after...
- 19:55 Birmingham mosque attacks 'random criminal damage'
- 19:54 Hapless thief fails in pathetic attempt to burgle Skegness pub
- 19:48 Chasetown FC release squad photo ahead of season opener
- 19:43 Here's what Mark Robins reckons Coventry City must do to get their...
- 19:43 Coventry City man issues this simple message to his team-mates...
- 19:40 Rare spider discovered at Cheshire Wildlife Trust nature reserve
- 19:36 Disabled woman left humiliated after passengers forced to help her...
- 19:36 What will the weather be like this weekend? Find out the forecast...
- 19:36 Incredible snap shows baby surrounded by 1,616 syringes her mom...
- 19:35 Awards success at the double for farm shops
- 19:31 Fort Lauderdale airport gunman sentenced to life
- 19:30 Garry Monk has named this Birmingham City XI to face Swansea City
- 19:30 Driver injured after 'stolen' BMW smashes into huge tree and brick...
- 19:29 Man ‘shot pal after row over whether Halle Berry should play...
- 19:28 Full statement from panel after Leicestershire teacher is banned...
- 19:28 Shoppers donate almost a tonne of items to Lichfield Foodbank in...