Do not post crisp packets to Walkers, says Royal Mail
Royal Mail has stepped into a row between environmental campaigners and crisp manufacturer Walkers - by urging people not to post empty crisp packets.
Campaigners urged people to post crisp bags to the firm, in protest against them being non-recyclable, and "flood Walkers social media with pictures of us popping them in the post".
Royal Mail is obliged by law to deliver the bags to Walkers' freepost address.
But they cannot go through machines and must be sorted by hand, causing delays.
Campaign group 38 Degrees, which encouraged people to post their crisp packets back to Walkers,... read more
- 09:47 Growth centre to bring 230 jobs and £20m boost to Harborough
- 09:45 Lakeside and Metrocentre owner boosted by £2.9bn bid
- 09:44 More than 40,000 attacks on public sector staff for third year...
- 09:43 Blessed Trinity's magical Hogwarts-themed open evening
- 09:43 Car bursts into flames
- 09:42 Fire breaks out in building on Sulgrave Road in New Humberstone
- 09:42 Jury reaches verdict over missing mum killed by police van sent to...
- 09:42 Sheffield sex attacker still on the streets
- 09:42 Man admits entering Wigan McDonald's with knife and meat cleaver
- 09:41 Police appeal after 7-year-old girl hit by motorbike in Scarborough
- 09:40 Dundee have changed their criteria for hiring managers, says John...
- 09:40 Netflix could cut prices with new low-cost subscription plan
- 09:39 Sheffield sex attacker still on the streets
- 09:39 Booths 2018 Christmas Book is out today!
- 09:39 Man 'stabbed long-term love rival to death with kitchen knife'...
- 09:39 Cleveland Fire Brigade call to stay safe and attend organised...
- 09:39 Lancashire passengers prepare for 32nd day of strike action on...
- 09:39 Paul Pogba to Barcelona: Messi and Pique ask for Man Utd transfer -...
- 09:38 City leaders unite in plea for extra police funding as...
- 09:37 Poppies take pride of place as Rugby village gets set to unveil...
- 09:37 Open evening success in North Somercotes
- 09:36 Residents asked to 'be a nosey neighbour' in fly-tipping battle
- 09:36 Walkers raise £600 for Children in Need
- 09:35 Getting kids ready for school is like working an extra day
- 09:35 Why was Anjem Choudary in prison and when was he sentenced?
- 09:33 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 09:33 Lancashire passengers prepare for 32nd day of strike action on...
- 09:33 Man Utd news: Why does Paul Scholes HATE Jose Mourinho? Answer...
- 09:33 This classy gesture is a measure of Dean Smith's management
- 09:32 Youngsters showcase designs for new community pavilion in Buxton