DJ left homeless after stealing £1,800 off parents to feed cocaine addiction
A former Liverpool DJ has spoken out about "reaching rock bottom" after his cocaine addiction led him to stoop so low he stole from his own parents.
Paul Cashin started taking drugs while he was DJing at former Liverpool gay bar Curzon, from then he spent the next decade "chasing that very first high".
He admits it was his addiction which turned him into a liar, in debt and "looking like a f*****g corpse".
Having now turned his life around, the 33-year-old from Huyton is hoping his story will prevent others from taking cocaine or other drugs.
He said:... read more
- 02:21 Michael Owen’s Premier League predictions including Man Utd v...
- 02:17 Cyclone Oma eases but Queensland and NSW weather warnings remain
- 02:14 Festival with real WOW factor
- 02:06 What would happen to European travel plans after a no-deal Brexit?
- 02:03 Dave Hanna, former Queensland union boss, found guilty of rape
- 01:59 #MeToo Oscars: Why aren't there more female directors?
- 01:53 The students recycling clothes for London Fashion Week
- 01:47 North Korea appeals for food aid as regime cuts rations due to...
- 01:45 The murderer who's opening a youth centre
- 01:45 Quiz of the Week: Who popped the question?
- 01:45 Daryl Gurney hails ‘real class act’ Michael Smith for Premier...
- 01:27 Government faces High Court action over children's rights
- 01:17 Fears for Uighur comedian missing amid crackdown on cultural figures
- 01:17 Japan’s Hayabusa 2 successfully touches down on Ryugu asteroid
- 01:14 PTSD affects 'one in 13 by age of 18'
- 01:14 Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
- 01:04 James Gargasoulas jailed for life over Bourke Street massacre
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,302 hard
- 01:02 Melbourne car rampage: James Gargasoulas jailed for six murders
- 00:57 Anthem video game set for tough debut
- 00:49 Bill Carmichael: Why the odds are stil stacked against the...
- 00:48 Okinawa referendum: everything you need to know
- 00:44 Rory McIlroy sets off with a bang to lead WGC-Mexico Championship
- 00:44 Natalie Bennett: Why Independents and their rebel alliance will...
- 00:42 'Historical Google Earth' project captures a changing Britain
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: A fitting flypast – Sheffield remembers...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: Answers please – main parties must respond...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: All change on climate policy as Humber’s...
- 00:40 Caroline Flint: How small changes to transport could make a big...
- 00:34 Two sons of El Chapo indicted in US on drug conspiracy charges