Distraught driver reveals crash which killed dad-of-three was caused by a POTHOLE
A motorist whose car spun out of control and killed a motorcyclist after it hit a pothole has told an inquest the accident was 'like a dream'.
Alice Rylett said she lost control of her Renault Clio after it hit a 'rut' on the unclassified U525 road near Thimbleby just as motorcyclist Thomas Fairholm, 46, was riding round the corner.
As the car was spinning, Mr Fairholm's bike smashed into the side of the vehicle.
The father of three young children suffered multiple fractures and internal injuries was airlifted to Hull Royal Infirmary after the accident on June 2. He died in the hospital... read more
- 08:57 Gallery: Annual Handmade Parade was once again a success
- 08:56 Man Utd on red alert as Neymar outlines Real Madrid transfer...
- 08:56 Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland slash current account interest for...
- 08:56 Grand motors: The 10 cars most likely to be listed for sale under...
- 08:56 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:55 One dead and two fighting for life during burglary in Bristol
- 08:55 Victory propels Erdoğan into elite club of strongman leaders
- 08:54 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:54 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:54 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 08:53 Deer 'stuck' in River Soar prompts 4 fire engines into action
- 08:53 Aston Villa step up preparations for the 2018/19 campaign
- 08:53 This is why there are no World Cup fan zones in Birmingham
- 08:53 This is where released goalkeeper Boaz Myhill could pitch up after...
- 08:51 Gossip: West Ham’s Wilshere concern?
- 08:51 Yorkshire QCs warn justice system is at ‘breaking point’
- 08:51 Uruguay team news: Predicted Uruguay line up vs Russia – Key...
- 08:51 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:51 Man arrested after alleged handgun incident in town centre
- 08:50 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:49 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:48 As Federer and Djokovic lose, what’s the state of play for Wimbledon?
- 08:48 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:48 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:48 Lancashire County Council u-turn after unions force cuts rethink
- 08:46 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:45 This is why there are no World Cup matches being played this Friday
- 08:45 Major survey of Solihull's roads for £2 million safety projects
- 08:44 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:44 Timber causing disruption for M62 users on morning commute in Leeds