Disposing of waste costs Northampton resident nearly £5,000
A Northampton resident has seen his costs reach almost £5,000 after his waste was fly-tipped near Castle Ashby last year. In May 2017, Damanjot Gaubrey, 30 of Borrowdale Walk, near Kettering Road, was ordered to pay a total of £1,141 in fines and costs by Northampton Magistrates’ Court following the prosecution brought by South Northamptonshire Council (SNC).
The sentence came after he admitted paying for the removal of builders' waste without confirming the person he hired was an authorised waste carrier.
During an unsuccessful appeal against the sentence at Northampton Crown Court on... read more
- 16:31 Virgil van Dijk suffers injury for Liverpool against Southampton
- 16:27 Glamping goes Tudor: historians to remake Henry VIII’s opulent tent
- 16:27 Chas and Dave singer Chas Hodges dies aged 74
- 16:24 Labour to resist pressure of committing to second referendum on Brexit
- 16:24 Tiana in Birmingham - how child star's fans took over the Bullring...
- 16:23 Dominic sees off rivals to win place on town council
- 16:18 Fresh deadline for Brett Kavanaugh accuser adds to supreme court drama
- 16:18 Rotterdam prepared for worst when Britain crashes out of EU
- 16:17 Sex addiction signs and how to tell if you or your partner has a...
- 16:16 Woman's incredible full English breakfast cooking hack goes viral
- 16:16 It doesn’t look crowded on Nigel Farage’s Brexit bus
- 16:16 Jeremy Hunt urges EU to ‘step back from the abyss’ of Brexit no deal
- 16:13 Tottenham squad ranked by transfer value: Who are Pochettino’s most...
- 16:09 Chelsea star Mateo Kovacic reveals what Man Utd legend he takes...
- 16:09 Man Utd vs Wolves: Why Marouane Fellaini is a ‘dream’ for defenders...
- 16:04 DUP cannot have veto on Brexit border deal, says Ireland
- 16:02 Brighton vs Tottenham LIVE: Team news and Premier League updates...
- 16:02 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp reveals all on Xherdan Shaqiri's first...
- 15:57 Italy acquits Tunisian 'migrant smuggling' fishermen
- 15:57 Eeyore the donkey rescued from sinkhole in Helston
- 15:56 This week in court - Killer, cleaner, voodoo nurse and burglars
- 15:52 Anti-nuclear campaigners stage peaceful protest at Faslane
- 15:51 Paul Logan: Family offers £50k reward over 1993 murder
- 15:51 Prisoner ran East Midlands teen drug ring from jail
- 15:51 Is India vs Pakistan on TV? Live stream, time and odds for Asia Cup...
- 15:49 Hong Kong express rail link launches amid controversy
- 15:49 Gardener had £10k of tools stolen but everyone came together in the...
- 15:49 Here's why you might see armed police in Liverpool city centre
- 15:48 Pupil raises thousands of notes
- 15:47 Liverpool news: These two players have improved James Milner this...