Disney 'celebrates' Black Panther by giving $1m to charity
Disney is celebrating the success of Black Panther by donating $1m (£718,000) to a national youth club.
The money will go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America to develop their science, technology, engineering and maths programmes.
One of the major themes of the blockbuster's plot is a nation thriving as a result of technological advances.
It follows the Black Panther Challenge, which raised money for children from deprived backgrounds to see the film.
Skip Youtube post by TheEllenShow Warning: Third party content may contain adverts Report End of Youtube post by TheEllenShow
Warning:... read more
- 00:45 Labour peer Charles Falconer apologises over war on drugs
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,174 medium
- 00:41 Dellen Millard killed father as he slept and inherited millions
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: TV at its very best. The 60th anniversary...
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural indifference. Main parties neglect...
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: The three-way Brexit battle. Deep...
- 00:27 Lincolnshire’s Chief Constable warns of ‘stark choices’ ahead if...
- 00:27 Jenna lowers her tone to keep up royal ‘addiction’
- 00:26 Lincolnshire’s Chief Constable warns of ‘stark choices’ ahead if...
- 00:24 'I'm not going anywhere': Kavanaugh defends himself on Fox News
- 00:16 Jenna lowers her tone to keep up royal ‘addiction’
- 00:14 Lewis Crocker: Protestant boxer's payout over discrimination claim
- 00:13 Debenhams attempts to 'bring joy back' to High Street
- 00:11 Liverpool fans hail Xherdan Shaqiri ‘signing of the year’ as...
- 00:10 Trump plans new Kim summit a year after threat to destroy North Korea
- 00:10 David Attenborough calls for more BBC arts coverage
- 00:10 What furious Jose Mourinho told Paul Pogba after mistake...
- 00:08 The female pilot teaching African women to fly
- 00:07 Lincolnshire’s Chief Constable warns of ‘stark choices’ ahead if...
- 00:06 How translation apps are ironing out embarrassing gaffes
- 00:00 Lancashire's rising crime rate is result of new reporting method,...
- 23:42 Judy Murray snaps up Andy Murray-inspired penguin
- 23:38 Donald Trump hails South Korea trade deal
- 23:38 Scammers steal half a billion pounds from UK banking customers
- 23:38 This 82-year-old served in the SAS. He broke his back and made...
- 23:36 Jacinda Ardern makes history with baby Neve at UN general assembly
- 23:35 Five players who should be desperate to prove themselves in the...
- 23:35 Portuguese 400 year old shipwreck found off Cascais
- 23:35 Rising Lancashire crime rate is down to new reporting method, says...
- 23:30 Rising Lancashire crime rate is down to new reporting method, says...