Did you see it? Super-wide load takes over the M53 and M6 this weekend
This is the moment a massive vehicle travelling along the M53 and M6 motorways this weekend left the docks to begin its journey.
Motorists were advised to watch out for the abnormal load as it was transported though the region on Sunday, ending its journey in the West Midlands.
The load - a super grid transformer - started its journey from Ellesmere Port at 8am.
It then travelled along the M53 with a police escort and along the A5117.
The abnormal load then continued on to the A41 before heading along the A51 Tarvin Road and the A54 towards Kelsall and Winsford.
After a short break it is... read more
- 08:34 Woman sells her wedding dress with glorious rant on Facebook about...
- 08:34 Gianfranco Zola makes frightening Eden Hazard claim after literally...
- 08:32 Apprentice star opening new store in Mansfield today
- 08:29 Chelsea news: Sarri makes Morata admission, Messi and Hazard claim,...
- 08:27 Apprentice star opening new store in Mansfield today
- 08:24 Diplomats gather for UN summit – with Trump and his whims to take...
- 08:24 Build a wall across the Sahara? That's crazy – but someone still...
- 08:22 Wigan dad threatened to shoot doctors' surgery staff and patients
- 08:18 Hiking through holy history
- 08:18 Annual shoebox appeal for needy children launched in Banbury
- 08:18 Yorkshire campaigners call for review of Government's flagship...
- 08:18 The Yorkshire-born California ex-millionaire now living on...
- 08:18 Thirsk and Malton MP Kevin Hollinrake defends Universal Credit
- 08:15 Yorkshire campaigners call for review of Government's flagship...
- 08:12 Man Utd star Nemanja Matic donates £63,000 to child in need of...
- 08:10 Deadly killing rabbit virus suspected in Lincolnshire - here's what...
- 08:08 Cycling challenge bags £2.5k for charity
- 08:07 Lidl will no longer sell fruit and vegetables in unrecyclable...
- 08:07 Frank Warren: Anthony Joshua needs big knockout performance...
- 08:06 The Tayberry, Broughty Ferry (38/50)
- 08:06 Don’t let smart technology spoil the simple pleasures of cycling
- 08:06 A new era in whisky is dawning
- 08:06 Desert Island Chef: Callum Gilmour, The Saint, St Andrews
- 08:06 Chef’s Table: Martin Hollis, Old Course St Andrews
- 08:06 Food blog: Brodie Williams
- 08:06 Mary-Jane’s V&A cake is a work of art
- 08:05 Police forensic tent in place at Sheffield Centertainment
- 07:55 Police crackdown on Mamba Spice in Mansfield "seeing results"
- 07:55 Pair charged following threatening behaviour in Worksop
- 07:52 I’ll get my pension soon, but I’ll have to keep working to pay off...