Deutsche Bank fall drags down US stocks
US stocks headed lower on Thursday after Deutsche Bank shares tumbled in New York following a report that some funds had withdrawn cash.
Germany's biggest lender fell nearly 8% after Bloomberg reported some hedge funds had taken out cash and withdrawn positions held at Deutsche Bank.
It added that the majority of Deutsche Bank's trading clients made no changes.
The report still unsettled other bank stocks, sending Goldman Sachs down 2.6% and JP Morgan 1.3% lower.
Deutsche Bank said in a statement: "Our trading clients are among the world's most sophisticated investors."
The bank... read more
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training
- 09:20 Why do footballers spit?
- 09:19 Saviour and sultan, ally and foe – west in a bind over Erdoğan
- 09:19 Born out of brutality, South Sudan, the world’s youngest state,...
- 09:18 Huge fire in Birmingham: 75 firefighters called to severe blaze in...
- 09:17 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:16 Harborough Bake Off star to appear at feast for food lovers!
- 09:15 Manchester’s been crowned ‘the world’s wildest city’
- 09:15 Ladies, let this woman teach you to ‘shoot your shot’
- 09:14 Three arrested over stabbing of boy, 15, at birthday party
- 09:11 Uttoxeter commuters promised more rush-hour trains in rail shake-up
- 09:08 Latest news from Berwick Civic Society
- 09:06 Can you solve it? Are you smarter than a maths jammer?
- 09:04 Saudi women in the driver’s seat as ban finally ends
- 09:04 Happy faces at St John’s Priory School’s Race for Life
- 09:03 "Encouraging others to support the town of Halifax "
- 09:01 'I didn't want to be 50 and fat!' - Burton mum kicked her snacking...
- 08:59 MSPs suggest text alerts could be sent to remind accused to show up...
- 08:58 Road in Eastwood closed over concerns for man’s safety
- 08:57 Ant McPartlin's ex-wife Lisa Armstrong threw his new lover out the...
- 08:57 Brigitte Nielson welcomes baby girl after giving birth at 54
- 08:51 Aston Villa linked with World Cup star - reports
- 08:50 Firefighters investigate as blaze in Trevor Street, Hull, sends...
- 08:43 Asking people what they do for a living is insulting
- 08:43 Zsa Zsa, the English bulldog, named the World’s Ugliest Dog