Determined youngster with brain tumour steps out to help others
A DETERMINED youngster who was diagnosed with a brain tumour on his tenth birthday is stepping out to help others.
Warwick School pupil Jacob Walmsley-Jones, is taking part in the 10km ‘Twilight Walk’ – an event organised by the school to raise funds for the Brain Tumour Charity.
The 14-year-old from Stratford, was diagnosed in 2014 before a gruelling 11 hour operation on his birthday.
After a long spell in hospital, the family went to Florida for a course of ‘proton beam therapy’ – which uses radiation to kill cancer cells.
Jacob has since had a number of operations and continues to have... read more
- 07:14 Francis ready to kick on after successful Saints comeback
- 07:13 Too much, too young? Mayor could become the first millennial president
- 07:14 Curle confident loanees Elsnik and Powell will shine for Cobblers
- 07:13 Teenager dies after shotgun and knife attack in north London
- 07:06 FARMING MATTERS: Online matchmaking for cattle
- 07:02 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 07:01 Liverpool fans won't like this analysis of Jurgen Klopp's tactics
- 07:01 Sam Allardyce in the firing line on Celebrity Apprentice
- 07:01 Man Utd and Liverpool fans FUME at Jim White after Carabao Cup claim
- 07:01 DeGale vs Eubank Jr start time: What time will the boxing fight start?
- 06:50 Brexit: Theresa May warned of mass revolt if country heads for no-deal
- 06:48 Halifax Paralympic star Hannah Cockroft speaks about disability...
- 06:47 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 06:46 Saudi sisters trapped in Hong Kong fear death penalty if deported
- 06:46 Coventry City receive Ricoh deadline as Mark Robins explores his...
- 06:41 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 06:38 Northampton park festival apologises 'without reservation' after...
- 06:34 Hartlepool business named as one of the best companies in Britain...
- 06:34 Dean Smith tells Conor Hourihane the best way to silence his Aston...
- 06:33 New CT scanner set to slash waiting times at Scottish hospital
- 06:33 Premier League table: Super computer predicts final standings...
- 06:33 Arsenal legend reveals he will be SHOCKED if Unai Emery does this...
- 06:33 Arsenal boss Unai Emery NEEDS Mesut Ozil: Gunners star makes...
- 06:33 Chelsea news: N'Golo Kante JUMPS to the defence of under fire Jorginho
- 06:32 Prepare to pay for a hidden pay increase – Martin Lewis
- 06:32 Jack Monroe, Bootstrap Cook interview - spilling the beans on tins,...
- 06:32 Janet Christie’s Mum’s the Word
- 06:32 Local Hero set to become ‘less Trumpian’ when it is turned into new...
- 06:32 Plagiarism lawsuit against Mark Millar thrown out of court
- 06:30 Scotland’s mountain snowsports suffer due to mild winter