Derek McInnes admits Rangers defeats could have been down to boss saga
Derek McInnes admitted Rangers’ interest in him may have affected his Aberdeen players in the recent double-header against the club he knocked back.
However, McInnes challenged his men to end the year on a high after recording back-to-back Scottish Premiership victories after they beat St Johnstone 3-0 at McDiarmid Park last night.
McInnes who turned down the chance to succeed Pedro Caixinha in the managerial hotseat last week, said: "I think it is easy to assume, but we won at Kilmarnock in what was a really convincing performance, although we followed it with two poor performances... read more
- 16:26 This is when the sun is set to make a return to Sheffield
- 16:26 Tributes to Ironville veteran
- 16:23 This is when the sun is set to make a return to Sheffield
- 16:23 Tributes to Ironville veteran
- 16:22 Lucy Bronze in the running for goal of the season
- 16:21 Extreme weather no obstacle on Northamptonshire doctor's...
- 16:20 Ex-teacher accused in Australia deemed fit for Israel extradition...
- 16:20 Pop-up ping pong parlour opens at Dalton Park
- 16:20 Tributes to Ironville veteran
- 16:20 Staff at Northamptonshire care home go 'extra mile' as CQC rates it...
- 16:19 Mixing booze with energy drinks can make you more violent and less...
- 16:18 Extreme temperatures 'especially likely for next four years'
- 16:17 Dispute over Chorley councillor's campaign to move Eccleston's war...
- 16:17 Drink-driver 'unfortunate' to be before the courts
- 16:17 Cricket club hit for six by huge water bill following mystery leak
- 16:16 Police search for missing 14-year-old Long Marton boy
- 16:15 Interview: 300-year-old The Beggar’s Opera as relevant as ever
- 16:15 Swedish prime minister asks ‘what the f*** are you doing’ after...
- 16:14 Special day for ton-up McLean
- 16:14 Liverpool news: Chris Sutton says new signing can lead Reds to...
- 16:14 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Wednesday, August 15,...
- 16:14 Copyright row as charity and artist see red over poppies on...
- 16:13 Cricket club hit for six by huge water bill following mystery leak
- 16:13 Firefighters tackle skip blaze in Barrow
- 16:11 Babies in prams 'exposed to more pollution'
- 16:10 Mo Salah mobile phone autograph hunter speaks out after online...
- 16:10 Glasgow School of Art fire security cordon 'could be reduced in two...
- 16:09 Tyson Fury aims barb at Deontay Wilder in buildup to Francesco...
- 16:09 Not guilty, but Ben Stokes faces a battle to restore his reputation
- 16:09 Police update on woman found injured on Cleethorpes beach