Derbyshire council tax rise will help 'rising numbers' of needy children
A council tax hike in Derbyshire will help 'rising numbers of children in need', according to a report.
Conservative-led Derbyshire County Council (DCC) intends to approve a 4.99 per cent rise in the controversial tax for 2018-19 - along with £12.3million in cuts which include a £2.9m reduction in children’s services.
READ MORE: Derbyshire poised for £12m cuts, council tax rise and job losses
A DCC consultation last autumn showed the majority of respondents - 41 per cent - said they were willing to pay an extra one to two per cent increase in council tax.
Last year, the authority - then... read more
- 10:07 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 10:06 Man Utd news: Barcelona accept Paul Pogba defeat but WILL launch...
- 10:06 Liverpool news: Roberto Firmino sends fierce title warning to Man...
- 10:06 Police descend on 'severe' A158 crash involving combine harvester
- 10:06 Transfer News LIVE updates: Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool,...
- 10:06 Police discover body of man, 36, in Boston
- 10:05 Sheffield mum found dead in Ibiza was Manchester terror attack...
- 10:03 Man living in a caravan near abandoned quarry for FIVE years...
- 10:03 Barrow clothes bank offers to help as it is revealed parents spend...
- 10:02 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 10:01 Thieves use stolen tractor to bulldoze wall and steal cash machine
- 09:58 "Large amount" of pound coins stolen during burglary in Penrith
- 09:55 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 09:54 How they rated: Who impressed for Preston North End in their draw...
- 09:54 Stevenage 1-0 Morecambe - Shrimps remain without a goal or a point...
- 09:54 Backstreet Boys fans hurt in Oklahoma storm
- 09:51 Fire at disused primary school
- 09:51 Searches begin for boy, 12, missing from Leicestershire village
- 09:50 William Miller: how I failed to get away from my famous father
- 09:50 Irvine Welsh: ‘I thought Trainspotting would be a cult book, but...
- 09:49 How Manchester United could line up without Alexis Sanchez...
- 09:47 Hartlepool United player ratings: How did Pools perform v Maidenhead?
- 09:41 Leeds West Indian Carnival 2018: Focus should be on heritage and...
- 09:38 The big picture: Muholi’s searching gaze
- 09:39 Man arrested after Sutton stabbing
- 09:38 He read the news all day, oh boy: how Beatles ‘froze out’ George...
- 09:34 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 09:32 Opinions are divided on what should happen to Wigton bank
- 09:29 Are holiday homes ruining the British seaside?
- 09:28 Motorcyclist killed in tragic accident