Denbighshire mum 'paralysed' after tick bite in garden
A woman suffered severe facial paralysis- and could only eat through a straw - after being bitten by a tick in her garden.
Rachel Foulkes-Davies, 43, said the bite started off as small red mark before it caused her eyes to swell up.
The mother-of-three said she is still in pain three years on and is angry a correct diagnosis was not made sooner.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) said it encouraged patients to discuss their concerns with them.
Ms Foulkes-Davies said: "I'm constantly tired and have no energy to do simple tasks."
The mother-of-three, of... read more
- 01:41 British tourist killed in hit-and-run in Cyprus
- 01:39 Revenues top £20m for law firm Morton Fraser
- 01:39 Fife firm making a splash with lobster pod storage system
- 01:35 UK singles chart to include videos watched on YouTube
- 01:33 Greenwich observatory: Astronomers to start studying the sky again
- 01:28 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:26 Sunderland schoolgirl takes part in rare sea baptism in South Shields
- 01:26 Hundreds turn out to mark Armed Forces Day in South Shields
- 01:23 Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
- 01:23 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:20 Is Kirklees a dinosaur?
- 01:20 $esc.html($content.name)
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...
- 01:05 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:01 Clashes in Nigeria between farmers and herders kill 86
- 01:00 Baroness Sugg: Heathrow expansion will benefit all of UK
- 01:00 Jayne Dowle: Time to ban mobile phones from the classroom
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Back into battle. Treatment of military...
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire’s future. Dan Jarvis leading...
- 00:54 Peter Gordon's panna cotta with balsamic blackberries recipe
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: A new deal for rural Britain? Don’t write...
- 00:53 MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- 00:52 Train passengers stranded in Glasgow for nearly two hours due to...
- 00:52 Thousands descend on Edinburgh for Cancer Research Race For Life
- 00:47 Sir Philip Green came close to acquiring M&S in 2004, book claims
- 00:47 Little green bag: Morrisons turns to paper in war on plastic
- 00:47 Single first-time buyer in London needs 17 years to find 15%...
- 00:47 Ofgem appoints economist Martin Cave as chairman
- 00:42 Barrow model train club offer free days to local disability groups
- 00:38 Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'