Dementia care: Lower your risk of neurodegenerative disease and symptoms by learning this
Dementia is estimated to affect around 850,000 people in the UK.
Symptoms can start suddenly or come on slowly over time but include memory loss, difficulty concentrating and being confused about time and place.
There’s no certain way to prevent dementia, and there’s currently no cure, but experts believe there are ways the disease can be prevented.
Alzheimer’s Society recommends giving your brain a daily workout by learning another language.
It states: “This could be reading, doing puzzles, word searches or crosswords, playing cards or learning something new - maybe another language.
“If... read more
- 04:41 Manchester United dealt blow ahead of Wolves clash as star lifts...
- 04:41 Bakary Sako latest as worrying Harvey Barnes update emerges for...
- 04:41 EFL respond to points deduction claims as Garry Monk lauds...
- 04:41 Steve Bruce names Aston Villa's John Terry replacement as Gary...
- 04:01 French Muslim rapper calls off shows at Bataclan after protests
- 03:56 Everton news: Richarlison reveals how Brazli superstar Neymar...
- 03:45 'Awful abuses': US denounces China's treatment of Uighurs
- 03:41 Brexit compromise still possible, Donald Tusk says
- 03:27 The needles and the damage done: the growers hurt by Australia's...
- 03:06 Bristol venue to play Africa by Toto on loop all night
- 03:00 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 02:56 Labour could renationalise railways in five years - McDonnell
- 02:18 Value-for-money bakery opens in former Northampton Oliver Adams shop
- 02:14 Stamp of approval for Helensburgh training firm
- 01:59 'Hezbollah treasurer' Barakat arrested in Brazil border city
- 01:52 Neil McNicholas: Only answer to health threat is no smoking at all
- 01:52 Tom Richmond: Don’t waste chance to give leaders a public grilling
- 01:47 Former welfare recipients who refuse to pay back debt face travel ban
- 01:47 Republican lawmaker ends re-election bid as daughter alleges...
- 01:24 The town that became Scotland's chilli capital
- 01:24 Premier League shirts row: The fickle fashions of sponsorship
- 01:05 Viewpoint: What India's first newspaper says about democracy
- 01:04 The night Kevin Keegan sneaked back into Newcastle in a flat cap...
- 01:02 Maniac: The new James Bond director's experimental Netflix drama
- 01:01 How do you solve catastrophic hyperinflation?
- 00:55 Man City performance disturbing but Paul Pogba absolutely brilliant...
- 00:55 Wilfried Zaha: Roy Hodgson tells star to keep talking on the pitch...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Universal troubles. Little political...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Sheffield Council needs lessons in common sense –...
- 00:49 Patrick Mercer: Our leaders are all at sea over defence and...