Demand for answers amid "real fear" for children's safety after Blackpool Council Ofsted report
Failings in the way vulnerable children in Blackpool are looked after have sparked a resort MP to demand answers.
Paul Maynard, who represents Blackpool North and Cleveleys, is due to meet Blackpool Council chief executive Neil Jack this afternoon to discuss the recent Ofsted report into children’s services.
READ MORE: Damning Ofsted report rates Blackpool children's social services inadequate AGAIN
Inspectors gave the council the worst possible “inadequate” rating and the Department for Education will appoint a Children’s Commissioner, whose role will include deciding whether the council... read more
- 11:53 Brits set to be furiously divided as Marmite peanut butter launched
- 11:52 Ceronetti wins first Winter Series crown
- 11:52 Build a scarecrow for the birthday
- 11:52 Title in sight for Town Youth after Lye stalemate
- 11:52 CSE awareness week – businesses, hotels and licensing training
- 11:51 Great Wall trek for Leamington fundraisers
- 11:51 Leamington takeaway operator admits 21 hygiene offences
- 11:50 Parkfield School LGBT lessons 'not axed' despite protests
- 11:50 O2 responds to fault that left customers unable to make calls
- 11:50 Marmite Peanut Butter launches in the UK to divide every Brit
- 11:49 The 20 best secondary schools in Scotland ranked by Higher results
- 11:49 ‘No evidence’ Sunderland youngsters are starting wheelie bin fires...
- 11:49 The worst performing secondary schools in Glasgow ranked by Highers...
- 11:49 How do you fancy tasting KFC's latest chicken burger topped with...
- 11:49 Ricky Gervais confirms After Life season 2 - and he's already...
- 11:49 Brits set to be furiously divided as Marmite peanut butter launched
- 11:49 Person pronounced dead after incident on the tracks at Dewsbury...
- 11:49 Woman hit by car later collapses at work after telling driver 'I'm...
- 11:47 ‘Up the EFL’ Birmingham City fans are buzzing with points deduction
- 11:47 Adidas Outlet has 50% off everything - but you'll have to be quick
- 11:46 Preston's secret landlords dodging tax payments
- 11:46 Person pronounced dead after incident on the tracks at Dewsbury...
- 11:46 Leamington takeaway operator admits 21 hygiene offences
- 11:46 Villagers attend dedication service for new war memorial at...
- 11:46 Call for Lancaster Storm Desmond flood report to be made public
- 11:45 How do you fancy tasting KFC's latest chicken burger topped with...
- 11:45 Tyson Fury set to face undefeated Tom Schwarz in next fight in Las...
- 11:45 Ricky Gervais confirms After Life season 2 - and he's already...
- 11:45 Person pronounced dead after incident on the tracks at Dewsbury...
- 11:45 £750 million investment pledge for Lincolnshire