Delays on Metro after fault in Sunderland area
Metro passengers faced delays after a track circuit fault in the Sunderland area this morning. Services were delayed by up to half an hour between South Hylton and Pelaw as a result of the problem.
The fault was rectified by about 6.30am, but delays have still been reported since then.
An initial tweet by Metro said: "Delays of up to 20 minutes between Pelaw and South Hylton, and up to 30 minutes between South Hylton and Pelaw due to a technical fault."
The service later updated: "The earlier fault in the Sunderland area has been fixed.
"There are still some delays but... read more
- 01:43 Lazio fans tell women to stay away from stadium's 'sacred space'
- 01:43 Imran Khan ditches hundreds of servants as part of Pakistan...
- 01:33 Dramatic fall in number of civil partnerships in Lincolnshire
- 01:32 Michael Cohen under investigation for $20m bank fraud – report
- 01:18 'I broke every bone in my face - and survived'
- 01:18 Northamptonshire County Council 'bought rugby hospitality box'
- 01:14 Lombok: deadly quake hits island recovering from string of tremors
- 01:12 Jobcentre joke is the funniest at the Fringe
- 01:12 Exhibition for the man who created the first map of Wales
- 01:12 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 01:07 Funniest Edinburgh Fringe 2018 joke revealed as comedian's 'brain...
- 01:05 Daniel Bryan: WWE star reveals new contract decision ahead of...
- 01:03 Britain to stop funding Free Syria opposition as Assad closes in
- 01:01 South Tyneside Council vehicles rack up £181,000 in accident bills
- 00:54 Cockermouth's former youth hostel sees sale complete
- 00:52 ‘There is no defence for that’ – Paul Scholes hits out at...
- 00:52 Roger Federer names Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal as US Open...
- 00:47 MoJ seizes control of Birmingham prison from G4S
- 00:45 Were these Manchester's daftest ever ideas?
- 00:44 Rise in power bills expected despite government cap
- 00:44 British manufacturing output slips to ninth globally behind France
- 00:37 Our sporting pride
- 00:37 Leigh strike late to break Trojan hearts
- 00:32 Soup kitchens and start-ups: Greek bailout era ends
- 00:30 Rogue states and terrorists could use technological advances to...
- 00:29 'It never entered my mind that I wasn't coming back'
- 00:28 Demand for answers over controversial rail police merger
- 00:28 Jeremy Corbyn accused of betrayal over post-Brexit ‘renaissance’...
- 00:27 Colombia's improbable reef offers hope for coral worldwide
- 00:27 Gladbeck: The deadly hostage drama where the media crossed a line