Degree courses to be ranked in price comparison-type system
Prospective students will be able to compare the ratings of degree courses, under government proposals.
Subjects will be given a gold, silver or bronze award, and details will be made available about post-degree employment prospects, potential earnings and dropout rates, according to the Department for Education (DfE).
The system is billed by the government as a way to provide potential undergraduates with more information to compare courses on offer at different universities, and to expose poor-quality teaching.
Sam Gyimah, the universities minister, said it would help “ensure that more... read more
- 02:53 Dara O'Briain on why comedians are reluctant to do Mock The Week
- 02:38 Facebook failing to protect moderators from mental trauma, lawsuit...
- 02:32 Wales tops England on NHS doctors' and dentists' pay deal
- 02:32 Mike Hall: UK cyclist died instantly in race collision, inquest told
- 02:22 Advocates fear NSW child protection bill reduces rights of birth...
- 02:09 Melbourne pedestrian killed by a car while helping dying motorcyclist
- 01:58 Court orders Peter Dutton to transfer ill family of three from Nauru
- 01:51 Loneliness a ‘major public health concern’ a number of isolated...
- 01:35 David Attenborough says BBC should prioritise arts
- 01:25 US man, 74, found alive days after fire in Washington DC
- 01:22 Labour threat to vote against Theresa May's Brexit plan
- 01:20 Paul Gascoigne's nephew self-medicated with internet drugs, mother...
- 01:16 Two staff at Market Rasen school resign after 'romp on...
- 01:14 Natalie Bennett: Appetite for a democratic revolution
- 01:14 Andrew Vine: Labour MPs can’t keep on dodging questions about...
- 01:11 Fatal plane crash: Queensland pilot may have lost control due to...
- 01:11 Elderly man found alive inside building five days after it burned down
- 01:00 Domestic abuse victims 'failed' by private probation service
- 00:59 Raptor crime report sparks fresh calls for grouse moor licensing
- 00:56 Letter from Africa: Why I was sentenced to 5,000 years in jail
- 00:56 Reality Check: The worst place to be stranded at sea?
- 00:50 Why an authentic taste of India is going down so well for Gokul...
- 00:47 Labour wants green energy to power most UK homes by 2030
- 00:46 Lincolnshire’s Chief Constable warns of ‘stark choices’ ahead if...
- 00:45 Labour peer Charles Falconer apologises over war on drugs
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,174 medium
- 00:41 Dellen Millard killed father as he slept and inherited millions
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: TV at its very best. The 60th anniversary...
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural indifference. Main parties neglect...
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: The three-way Brexit battle. Deep...