Defrosting your windscreen can land you £60 fine and three penalty points, here's why
Since the clocks went back the weather has taken a turn for the worst in the UK.
Drivers are waking up in the morning to frosted cars and icier road conditions to contend with.
It has also been revealed that drivers can be fined for de-icing their windscreen, by leaving their engine to idle.
This could see drivers stung with a £20 fine and three penalty points.
Under section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, stationary engine idling is an offence that is punishable by a fine.
The Act enforces rule 123 of the Highway Code which states: "You must not leave a vehicle engine running... read more
- 15:03 Joshua vs. Povetkin guide: head-to-head, predictions, fight start...
- 15:02 FIFA 19: How to make 90,000 coins worth of packs in one hour on...
- 15:00 Woman who beat bowel cancer launches online appeal for a surrogate
- 15:00 Dad desperately needed kidney and his daughter’s teachers came to...
- 15:00 Teacher ‘made 21 sobbing pre-schoolers fight each other for...
- 15:00 Barclays customers hit by online glitch
- 15:00 School hails breathing techniques that help kids to relax
- 15:00 Wigan boy, 4, drowns in Tenerife hotel pool
- 14:57 Revealed - injuries suffered by police officers in just two weeks
- 15:00 Readers share their photos of Recovery Rocks found in Wakefield
- 15:00 Gang threaten homeless man with weapon in Kettering
- 15:00 Hour-by-hour forecast: This is when Storm Bronagh will hit...
- 15:00 Sutton girl scared to walk to school after being ‘battered by pal’s...
- 14:57 ‘Fighting my demons alone’: Wilfried Zaha reveals Manchester United...
- 14:56 £115 million EuroMillions jackpot could create UK's fourth biggest...
- 14:57 Marine Le Pen ordered to undergo psychiatric testing
- 14:56 Pakistan's Imran Khan backing moves to ease tensions with India
- 14:56 Amazon set to launch new range of Echo smart speaker devices
- 14:57 British boy, 4, dies in packed family swimming pool in Tenerife
- 14:56 Risk of taxi 'go-slow’ protest in Birmingham over new crackdown on...
- 14:56 How much will you save at Jack’s and is the discount supermarket...
- 14:56 These Calderdale community groups have benefited from grants worth...
- 14:54 Hospital trust criticised over death of woman who drank floor cleaner
- 14:54 Danske Bank money laundering 'is biggest scandal in Europe'
- 14:53 Some of the bargains on offer at Tesco's new Jack's supermarket in...
- 14:53 Ex-Brexit secretary David Davis slams Theresa May’s Chequers plan
- 14:53 New Aldi supermarket opens its doors in Glass Houghton
- 14:53 Scottish Government ‘ready’ for court battle against Alex Salmond
- 14:53 Digital revolution ‘cannot be allowed to leave people behind’
- 14:53 On this day in 1746 - Bonnie Prince Charlie leaves Scotland for good