David Hockney unveils iPad-designed window at Westminster Abbey
A vibrantly coloured window designed by David Hockney on his iPad, showing blue skies and a red country path through blossoming Yorkshire Wolds hawthorn, has been unveiled at Westminster Abbey.
The stained-glass window was commissioned to celebrate the Queen’s reign and has been installed in the north transept, above the statues of former prime ministers including Peel, Gladstone and Disraeli.
Hockney, visiting London from his home in Los Angeles, beamed with pleasure as the window was revealed for the first time on Wednesday. “I know this is a historic place and I know it’s going to last,”... read more
- 13:18 Film review: Mary Poppins Returns
- 13:18 Dai Young reveals when Wasps' player retention wheels will be set...
- 13:18 Don Your Way Column: Christmas: Peace and goodwill or tantrums and...
- 13:17 Yeotown fitness retreat review: sound mind and body in southwest...
- 13:17 Worley hoping to build on his Wanderers heroics
- 13:16 Can sucking on 2p coins help you pass brethalyser test?
- 13:16 Santander fined for keeping dead customers' money
- 13:16 Arsenal fans spot club legend join training ahead of Tottenham...
- 13:16 Liverpool news: Did you hear what Van Dijk shouted at Shaqiri after...
- 13:15 Rasen area rower accused of assault and GBH after race on the Thames
- 13:14 Nuneaton murder: Jury returns verdict over "brutal" killing
- 13:13 How the Government plans to cut immigration after Brexit
- 13:13 Man held after three stabbed at doctor's surgery in east London
- 13:12 Twist in Matt Engineering saga as Hull business bought out of...
- 13:12 Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'stupid woman' jibe at Theresa May
- 13:12 Sudoku 4246 medium
- 13:11 The reason why your Brussels sprouts are smaller this Christmas
- 13:11 May's cabinet split over £30,000 immigrant salary threshold
- 13:11 PMQs verdict: May puts spotlight on Corbyn with panto peroration
- 13:11 Fire crews could stop coming to your workplace when the alarm...
- 13:11 Multimillionaire vows to spend just £50 on kids’ Christmas presents
- 13:10 Theatre Review Action-packed Aladdin ticks all the Christmas boxes
- 13:10 Boxing Day things to do around Birmingham
- 13:10 Detective says killer gangster Tafarwa Beckford saw himself as...
- 13:08 Rasen area rower accused of assault and GBH after race on the Thames
- 13:08 Person dies after being hit by train at Nuneaton: What we know so far
- 13:08 Post Brexit farm payments
- 13:08 Richard Money offers Hartlepool United transfer update as he eyes...
- 13:08 Cats need an £85,000 Christmas miracle or they'll be homeless in...
- 13:07 Chorley man John Archer jailed over sex attacks