David Gauke replacement chosen by Conservatives in South West Hertfordshire
Gagan Mohindra has been chosen as the Conservative candidate for South West Hertfordshire.
The constituency was represented by the Tories by former justice secretary David Gauke, until he lost the whip in September for voting against Boris Johnson's Brexit deal.
Mr Gauke, 48, has said he is considering standing as an independent.
Mr Mohindra is a member of Essex County Council and Epping Forest District Council.
He is the county council's cabinet member for finance, property and housing.
Mr Mohindra stood in North Tyneside in 2010 general election, finishing third in a traditionally strong... read more
- 13:08 Sex offender jailed for breaching order
- 13:08 Girl, 8, asks Santa for 'warm jacket' in heartbreaking Christmas wish
- 13:08 Taber looking forward to seeing Cubs develop to full potential
- 13:08 Calls for women to have leading roles at Stratford District Council
- 12:05 Mothercare launches Black Friday sale with items up to half price
- 12:05 Six months of overnight lane closures to allow for M60 improvements
- 11:57 Why running out of fuel could land you with a hefty fine
- 11:57 Angry TSB customers left without wages in their accounts
- 10:52 Festive interactive storytelling to entertain kids in Lichfield
- 10:17 Hospice hosts services in Lichfield for people to remember loved ones
- 10:17 Cameras removed from Burntwood car park after complaints
- 09:16 Motorists facing delays of 30 minutes on the M66
- 05:03 New fan-led exhibition to celebrate Bury FC's 134-year history
- 05:03 Bus operator apologises after complaints about services in Ramsbottom