David Brickwood: Son 'cannot understand' dad's murder
The son of a murdered scrap metal dealer has said he cannot understand the level of violence used against his father.
It is three years since David Brickwood, 74, was stabbed and beaten in an attack at his Northampton home.
Police still believe it was a robbery gone wrong and are to carry out forensic tests on new evidence.
Mr Brickwood's son Gary said: "Why did they have to go to the extent that they went and leave him for dead?"
He added: "To think, whoever did it, how can they live with themselves knowing what they did? And, if it was a robbery, why didn't they tie him... read more
- 00:32 Rory McIlroy shooting for a Mexico stand-off with Dustin Johnson
- 00:32 Chris Eubank Jr beats James DeGale to send Londoner towards retirement
- 00:29 Oscars 2019: How will the ceremony change this year?
- 00:28 Tymoshenko v Tymoshenko: Funny business at the polls
- 00:28 Australian farmers' long road after mass cattle deaths
- 00:28 Gambling addict with brain injury spent £210,000
- 00:28 Supermarkets misleading shoppers on healthy food, say nutritionists
- 00:24 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall -...
- 00:19 Greece's invisible minority - the Macedonian Slavs
- 00:18 Kim Jong Un boards train to head to summit with Trump in Vietnam
- 00:17 'He lost control' - Craig Hignett reacts to remarkable refereeing...
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:15 Observer sudoku
- 00:11 Scots activewear brand launches jacket made out of coffee grounds
- 00:11 Two injured after major 11-vehicle crash on M8 in central Glasgow
- 00:11 Neil Lennon: The possibility of Celtic winning a treble treble is...
- 00:11 Iain Morrison: French thrilling in full flight but Scots tough...
- 00:07 Review: Ford’s Focus, Edge and Active
- 00:07 Warren Buffett takes swipe at Trump in shareholder letter
- 00:02 Eddie Jones will not rule out title as Warren Gatland chases grand...
- 23:50 Euan McColm: Moral courage of TIG dissidents won’t cut it
- 23:49 Arsenal ready to beat Manchester City and Chelsea to £40m...
- 23:49 Chris Eubank Jr drops James DeGale twice on way to convincing...
- 23:48 Leeds United: Key win over Bolton but Bielsa unhappy at more missed...
- 23:44 ‘Robust and committed’ MK Dons delight boss Tisdale
- 23:39 Stop delays over premature baby leave, MP warns
- 23:33 The Big Interview: James Withers of Scotland Food & Drink
- 23:33 Forests in Scottish Highlands being sold off ‘like the family jewels’
- 23:32 Dylan Hartley will miss remainder of Six Nations due to upcoming...
- 23:30 Drought and low milk prices push dairy farmers to the brink