Dalbeattie pupils and teacher hurt in French bus crash
Eight pupils and a teacher from a secondary school in Dumfries and Galloway have been treated in hospital following a bus crash in France.
They were part of group from Dalbeattie High School on a trip to Normandy when their coach was involved in a collision with a car.
The incident happened on Monday afternoon and parents were informed later.
None of the casualties is thought to have life-threatening injuries.
A spokesman for the Foreign Office said on Tuesday morning that they were in contact with the authorities in France and with the school to offer consular assistance to those involved.
- 05:52 The three reasons why Maurizio Sarri is heading for the sack again...
- 05:52 Man Utd hero reveals ONE difference between Sir Alex Ferguson and...
- 05:52 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford reveals the THREE Premier League stars...
- 05:51 Brexit: Theresa May to discuss next steps after Bercow ruling
- 05:46 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:46 Man arrested after suspected stolen car is seen in Sunderland and...
- 05:40 Sydney man accused of meat grinder bomb plot was trying to prevent...
- 05:40 Metal detectorist digs up ROLEX - but can't find owner's family
- 05:40 'Our dad needs £25k to stay alive' - family's cancer heartache as...
- 05:40 The number of flashers and peeping toms in Birmingham has soared
- 05:40 The heartbreaking wait for treatment for Birmingham's cancer patients
- 05:39 Climate change: Water shortages in England 'within 25 years'
- 05:36 Liverpool has highest rates of flashers and peeping toms in Merseyside
- 05:36 Merseyside's newest McDonald's has revealed its official opening date
- 05:36 Number of children admitted to Alder Hey Hospital with stab wounds...
- 05:30 A Gainsborough family are raising funds and awareness of SUDEP...
- 05:30 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:27 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:25 The 'dog whistling' on immigration must stop, Bill Shorten says
- 05:22 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:18 Indonesia election mired in claims of foreign hacking and 'ghost'...
- 05:18 'I was raised an American': Liberians await possible deportation...
- 05:18 Exit Brussels? The UK civil servants under a fog of uncertainty
- 05:16 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:16 Capital’s Bruce Group eyes Central Belt pubs on back of £20m bond bid
- 05:02 KCOM call centre worker steals £16,000 and blows it on food and...
- 05:00 Nigel Farage will not be marching through Retford area as part of...
- 05:00 Used wet wipes and unwanted sofas - the bizarre rubbish dumped in...
- 05:00 Number of peeping toms and flashers reported to police on the rise
- 04:58 Newborn baby found in Oxford hospital toilets