Dad with multiple sclerosis wants standing wheelchair so he can walk daughters down the aisle
A man with multiple sclerosis has trialled an upright wheelchair that will allow him to ‘walk’ his daughters down the aisle.
Martin Goode, 57, from Furnace Green, Crawley, has been permanently confined to a wheelchair for the last five years, having been diagnosed with MS 11 years ago.
But now the former engineer’s family are fundraising for him to have a ‘life-changing’ new chair that will allow him to essentially stand up.
His wife Caroline, 54, and daughters Natalie, 26, and Cherelle, 21, have already raised an incredible £6,000 online.
‘When he used it he was so happy to see the world... read more
- 14:29 Lorries are racing each other on Midlands roads, claims councillor
- 14:29 Live: Strong winds hit Leicestershire as Storm Ali arrives in the UK
- 14:29 England turn to Olly Stone to bolster pace ranks for Sri Lanka ODI...
- 14:29 Four men remanded in custody over fatal HGV collision as police...
- 14:28 Sion’s plight to shine light on ‘hidden’ crime
- 14:28 Storm Ali LIVE: Travel disruption as wind and rain sweep across...
- 14:27 ‘Only a matter of time before this Derby County youngster is...
- 14:26 Burnley chef Natalie opens 'dream' sandwich shop
- 14:26 East Lancashire first in UK to introduce CT scan technology
- 14:26 Nelson Grammar School alumni support orphaned Kenyan students
- 14:25 Arsenal news: Petr Cech opens up on ‘complicated’ goalkeeper...
- 14:25 Beware sneaky 'Gary' the stranded painter who has been conning...
- 14:25 First anniversary of memorial to lost fishermen
- 14:23 Take a tour of this amazing countryside home in Calderdale with...
- 14:22 Army veteran’s violent struggle with partner over Alexa speaker in...
- 14:22 Learner driver caught over the limit in Worksop
- 14:22 Fine for man who dragged girlfriend by her hair in Mansfield
- 14:22 Emergency sewer works to start on A6 at High Lane this weekend
- 14:21 Mylee Billingham: Father 'dragged daughter before killing her'
- 14:20 Where will additional £24million of council cuts be coming from?
- 14:20 Developer sets out £10m claim against Northumberland County Council
- 14:19 Fine for man who dragged girlfriend by her hair in Mansfield
- 14:18 Jean's parents paid into a 'Penny Club' run at Sailor's Return pub
- 14:18 Where will additional £24million of council cuts be coming from?
- 14:18 Developer sets out £10m claim against Northumberland County Council
- 14:18 Army veteran’s violent struggle with partner over Alexa speaker in...
- 14:18 Fine for man who dragged girlfriend by her hair in Mansfield
- 14:18 $esc.html($content.name)
- 14:17 Barnsley woman seeks compensation after losing leg in Smiler crash...
- 14:16 Man Utd legend Patrice Evra leaves fans in STITCHES with hilarious...