‘Cut commuter times and develop an industrial strategy for Sheffield’ - CBI boss Drechsler
Cutting transport times between the cities such as Leeds, Sheffield and Manchester would spark a “quiet revolution” for the north of England’s prospects, one of the country’s leader business leaders has claimed.
Mr Drechsler will also call for a “strategic, long-term industrial strategy” to be created for Sheffield in order to capitalise on the city’s position as a world leader in advanced manufacturing.
On the eve of the closing of polls in this year’s general election, Mr Drechsler will deliver a speech to the CBI’s Yorkshire and Humber’s inaugural Sheffield dinner, to be held at... read more
- 00:17 University students hit by wave of fake tax refund emails
- 00:14 Sabarimala: Why has a Hindu temple divided India's women?
- 00:11 Vienna nest of spies: Why Austria is still centre for espionage
- 00:11 Students targeted in 'biggest-ever' phishing scam
- 00:07 French fuel protests against Macron over rising prices
- 00:00 Nottingham Rock City evacuated after 'flare set off'
- 23:53 No threat seen as Rugby Australia gives blessing to rival competition
- 23:48 Ariana Grande debuts short hair - and fans go wild
- 23:38 Who should you vote for in the Victorian election?
- 23:33 Cuba pulls doctors out of Brazil amid row
- 23:33 Chelsea set to win race for Borussia Dortmund’s £70m-rated star...
- 23:33 Djokovic offers solution to Federer and Zverev debate on ATP calendar
- 23:33 Emma Bunton relaunches solo career despite Spice Girls reunion
- 23:26 Moment drunk driver deliberately crashes into crowd of people...
- 23:26 Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams to challenge governor poll loss
- 23:23 ‘I wasn’t rusted to either side’: Ricky Muir makes another tilt at...
- 23:15 Trump 'personally answers Mueller Russia questions'
- 23:11 How long can gin stay in high spirits?
- 23:11 Turkey who became mayor of town is wanted by police for...
- 23:05 Arsene Wenger advises Paris Saint-Germain to sign Arsenal contract...
- 22:57 Arsenal hierarchy say club never pursued super league breakaway
- 22:57 Claudio Ranieri puts burgers on menu to beef up Fulham survival...
- 22:57 Gareth Southgate urges England to put World Cup lessons to use...
- 22:57 Netherlands secure victory over France to condemn Germany to...
- 22:55 Trump blames California wildfires on forest mismanagement again
- 22:52 Homeless man died waiting for his dog after being kicked out of...
- 22:48 Publisher of the 'i' newspaper sets out rescue plan
- 22:47 ATP Finals: Cilic makes prediction for Federer v Zverev and...
- 22:40 Brexit turmoil: Small businesses 'fed up with the whole thing'
- 22:39 Greens event won’t have formal debate on Jeremy Buckingham allegations