Curve awarded £70k for 10th anniversary project about Leicester
Curve theatre will mark its 10th anniversary with a project about the city’s untold stories and cultural heritage.
The theatre has received £70,800 from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) for the project, during which it aims to work with more than 300 people of all ages from around the city, particularly those who have never been involved with the Rutland Street theatre before.
The project, Fashioning a City, will result in performances and online exhibitions and it will involve people from 10 neighbourhoods in Leicester to share lesser-known stories from the city’s many cultures, with a... read more
- 15:54 New challenge for Lancaster hospice fundraisers
- 15:54 'We need everyone involved': activist nuns pressure Smith & Wesson...
- 15:52 13-year-old Leeds girl sexually assaulted in ginnel by man who...
- 15:52 Labour 'likely to scrap universal credit system'
- 15:51 Roadworks warning: Where to expect delays on Wednesday, September...
- 15:51 High winds could be dangerous at Sheffield tower blocks
- 15:51 Sheffield leads in world-wide diabetes project
- 15:50 Why Noah Centineo is the internet’s latest crush
- 15:50 Why is there a metal detector at Leicester station? Police reveal...
- 15:50 Nottinghamshire set for Indian Summer as temperatures rise
- 15:49 Organic Gardens in talks with Coventry University ahead of...
- 15:49 Here’s what is going to happen to landmark A46 pub on edge of...
- 15:48 High winds could be dangerous at Sheffield tower blocks
- 15:48 Sheffield leads in world-wide diabetes project
- 15:48 Chelsea news: Gianfranco Zola makes Eden Hazard prediction...
- 15:47 Hazelrigg stable makes winning start to National Hunt season
- 15:46 Former prisoner caught with cannabis farm is SPARED jail - here's why
- 15:45 Derbyshire set for Indian Summer as temperatures rise
- 15:45 Operating theatre push for Head Medical
- 15:45 2018 PDC World Grand Prix darts dates, qualifiers, fixtures,...
- 15:44 Arsenal injury update: Unai Emery welcomes two stars back after...
- 15:44 Horse Racing Tips: Goodwood, Perth, Redcar, Wolverhampton
- 15:44 Two men wanted after morning stabbing near Daventry industrial estate
- 15:42 Merseyrail U-Turn over SOME Giants trains after public backlash
- 15:40 Masked heroes set to take Banbury’s Castle Quay by storm
- 15:40 Deddington stroke survivor’s festival dubbed a ‘huge success’
- 15:40 White House says it is open to testimony from second Kavanaugh accuser
- 15:40 Trump flatters Rouhani: 'I'm sure he is an absolutely lovely man'
- 15:39 Fashion icon sold in £1.6bn deal
- 15:38 Facebook moderator sues over 'beheading stress'