Cumbrian chef pulls out of BBC TV's Great British Menu contest
The head chef at Cottage in the Wood on Whinlatter was forced to pull out of a TV cooking contest due to ill health.
Chris Archer, 28, of Station Street, Cockermouth, competed in BBC Two's Great British Menu, which aired this week.
But last night's show saw him forced to leave the show.
Originally from Yorkshire, Chris competed in the show's North East regional section against Mini Patel and Tommy Banks.
Chris said: "It's a shame I had to pull out, but I felt at the time that unless I was 100 per cent I wouldn't be able to do it justice.
"It would have been nice to have cooked the... read more
- 14:04 England vs Panama: Arsene Wenger BLASTS Kyle Walker and says Eric...
- 14:01 Wife takes husband back to prison after he was mistakenly released
- 13:57 Fancy a swim? These five outdoor swimming pools are now open for...
- 13:57 Young adults in Coventry urgently told to vaccinate before holidays...
- 13:57 Three vehicle smash in Carlton in Lindrick
- 13:56 Why Jorge Mendes is assisting Nottingham Forest as well as Wolves
- 13:55 World Cup top scorers: Harry Kane LEVEL with Ronaldo and Lukaku in...
- 13:52 What is Newton's second law of motion?
- 13:51 Boy, 15, dragged from shop and attacked with machete before...
- 13:45 Glasgow School of Art fire safety system 'was weeks away'
- 13:43 The many qualities of your herbs
- 13:42 Barrow MP John Woodcock calls for harassment investigation to be...
- 13:41 Dolphins caught on camera swimming near Roker Pier in Sunderland
- 13:38 Girl, 15, dead and boy, 14, fighting for his life after ‘adverse...
- 13:37 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 13:35 Model whose face was melted in acid attack on 21st birthday shares...
- 13:35 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho was offered Atletico Madrid...
- 13:32 'Lowlife' thieves steal nurse's car in Headingley
- 13:32 Beauty tips: the joy of highlighters
- 13:31 Unlucky England fan travels to Russia for World Cup game against...
- 13:31 New move in £16.8m football hubs project
- 13:30 Meet Coventry's most famous dog with an army of Instagram followers
- 13:29 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...
- 13:22 Britain is on the brink of a halloumi shortage - and cheese lovers...
- 13:20 Ukraine Roma camp attack leaves one dead