Cruise secrets: Why the Drake Passage is the most dangerous sea in the WORLD
Cruise ships can withstand extreme forces when out at sea, as they battle everything from thunderstorms to huge waves caused by hurricanes.
There is one place that is known for being one of the most dangerous seas in the world.
Called the Drake Passage, it is located between Cape Horn in South America and the South Shetland Islands of Antarctica.
Also known as Sea of Hoces, the Drake Passage is named after Sir Francis Drake, a sea captain who travelled the world in the 16th century.
The 1000km (600m) wide passage is known as the gateway to Antarctica, but also one of the most treacherous... read more
- 19:15 Eden Hazard reveals who he voted for to win Best FIFA Men’s...
- 19:11 Walkers confirms it's receiving empty crisp packets in the post as...
- 19:08 Frenkie de Jong’s agent speaks out on Manchester United rumours
- 19:07 Bakers find recipe for success online
- 19:07 Watch Coventry City star make his come-back live tonight against...
- 19:07 Chaos as Tesco petrol station 'mix up unleaded and diesel pumps'
- 19:07 US cop sacked after shooting her black neighbour dead in his own...
- 19:07 #MeToo is almost a year old – do you think things have changed?
- 19:07 Nauru blocking refugee evacuations a problem of Australia's...
- 19:04 Monday at the Labour party conference
- 19:04 Chelsea news: Olivier Giroud sends fierce Maurizio Sarri warning to...
- 19:03 Nuno is set to call up these Wolves kids for Carabao Cup duty
- 19:02 Cousins caught with loaded sawn-off shotgun say they were dragged...
- 19:03 Cheers and tears at Carlisle Living Awards
- 19:02 Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going...
- 19:02 'Coward' butcher leaves victim with life-changing injuries in...
- 19:01 The open-air church that drew hundreds in the Highlands
- 18:57 Seven ways to overcome loneliness
- 18:57 It’s just an illusion: culture secretary Jeremy Wright’s hologram
- 18:57 Expecting the Queen for dinner? Make her favourite soup
- 18:57 Oh, brother: why siblings make the most savage political opponents
- 18:57 Compote, dressing or gin: what can you do with a glut of blackberries?
- 18:57 How to get fit – without breaking the bank
- 18:53 First routine eye check uncovers brain tumour in five-year-old girl
- 18:48 Northern bosses remain ‘highly confident’ despite Brexit uncertainty
- 18:46 When do the clocks go back in October 2018 and when do they go...
- 18:45 Lancashire teaching assistant Rachel Evans writes new novel and...
- 18:45 Meghan and Harry go head-to-head in netball shootout
- 18:44 City centre road closed as emergency services tackle flat fire
- 18:43 Parts of Doncaster have some of worst figures for attempted online...