Croatia disqualified from World Cup 2018? Looking into those claims after England's defeat
Football didn't quite come home in a literal sense but it's hard to argue that England's performance in Russia didn't bring a deep love of the national team back into the hearts of millions of people up and down the country.
The Three Lions' incredible journey in this year's World Cup came to end on Wednesday night as they were beaten 2-1 by Croatia after extra time.
Gareth Southgate's men had gone ahead through Kieran Trippier's early free-kick and looked good value for their lead for most of the energy-sapping clash in Moscow.
But just when it looked like England might pull off the... read more
- 01:47 North Korea appeals for food aid as regime cuts rations due to...
- 01:45 The murderer who's opening a youth centre
- 01:45 Quiz of the Week: Who popped the question?
- 01:45 Daryl Gurney hails ‘real class act’ Michael Smith for Premier...
- 01:27 Government faces High Court action over children's rights
- 01:17 Fears for Uighur comedian missing amid crackdown on cultural figures
- 01:17 Japan’s Hayabusa 2 successfully touches down on Ryugu asteroid
- 01:14 PTSD affects 'one in 13 by age of 18'
- 01:14 Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
- 01:04 James Gargasoulas jailed for life over Bourke Street massacre
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,302 hard
- 01:02 Melbourne car rampage: James Gargasoulas jailed for six murders
- 00:57 Anthem video game set for tough debut
- 00:49 Bill Carmichael: Why the odds are stil stacked against the...
- 00:48 Okinawa referendum: everything you need to know
- 00:44 Rory McIlroy sets off with a bang to lead WGC-Mexico Championship
- 00:44 Natalie Bennett: Why Independents and their rebel alliance will...
- 00:42 'Historical Google Earth' project captures a changing Britain
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: A fitting flypast – Sheffield remembers...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: Answers please – main parties must respond...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: All change on climate policy as Humber’s...
- 00:40 Caroline Flint: How small changes to transport could make a big...
- 00:34 Two sons of El Chapo indicted in US on drug conspiracy charges
- 00:27 Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend
- 00:21 What Iceland can teach us about paying men and women fairly
- 00:21 Web watchdog warns over knee-jerk regulation of social networks
- 00:19 House price falls in Sydney and Melbourne not all bad, Reserve Bank...
- 00:19 Man charged with murder of Islamists’ brother in Brighton
- 00:16 Abdul Deghayes death: Man charged with murder of Syria pair's brother
- 00:05 The snow patrol drones saving skiiers from an icy death