Coventry City's immaculate penalty taker stakes a claim for spot-kick duty
Liam Kelly has staked a claim to be Coventry City’s designated penalty taker.
The 28-year-old central midfielder confidently thumped home his spot-kick in Tuesday night’s Checkatrade Trophy shoot-out to help the Sky Blues earn a bonus point victory over Forest Green Rovers.
Kelly hit his penalty down the middle and high into the roof of the net – one of four City players to beat Rovers’ keeper James Montgomery from 12 yards.
City have had two penalties from normal game time so far this season when manager Mark Robins has opted for a striker to take responsibility – Amadou Bakayoko securing... read more
- 04:04 YouTube down: video service crashes for several hours
- 03:54 Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational marijuana
- 03:01 US moves to negotiate trade deals with Japan, UK, EU
- 02:55 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:28 The best responses to Piers Morgan dad-shaming Daniel Craig
- 02:27 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:22 Chelsea News: Bale for Hazard claim, striker interest confirmed,...
- 02:21 Ian Kiernan: 'Clean Up the World' environmentalist dies
- 02:04 Global register set up to keep criminals out of aid sector
- 01:53 Prince Harry and Meghan begin tour of drought-stricken Dubbo
- 01:43 Trump denounces Cohen and defends Saudi Arabia in wide-ranging...
- 01:28 Afghan drought 'displacing more people than Taliban'
- 01:24 Self-lubricating condom designed to reduce infections
- 01:17 Royal baby name odds: what will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle call...
- 01:09 Mike is a high flier
- 01:03 Why Halloween's reboot is bringing Jamie Lee Curtis so much attention
- 00:57 Bernard Ingham: My advice to Theresa May ahead of EU summit on...
- 00:53 Sarah Champion: Victims must get support in their darkest hours
- 00:48 Nigeria midwife murders: Brutal IS tactics rekindle new fears
- 00:48 Orthodox Church split: Five reasons why it matters
- 00:48 Matt Waddup: On the march for better college funds
- 00:46 Spain to beat Japan in world life expectancy league table for 2040
- 00:46 Self-lubricating condom design may encourage safe sex
- 00:40 Grace and Jack off to a Sure Start
- 00:37 ‘Nuclear option’ won’t be used
- 00:33 Divided Britain: study finds huge chasm in attitudes
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: Joining up policy. Time to overhaul social...
- 00:28 China disappearances show Beijing sets its own rules
- 00:26 Sudoku 4,193 medium
- 00:26 Police reveal 10 of Merseyside's most wanted as part of 'Operation...