Couple's wedding ring returned after detectorist's find on Bridlington beach
A Bridlington metal detectorist recovered a lost wedding ring on the beach and returned it to its owner just hours later.
Chris Williams, 58, found the ring in the sand and managed to return the item by calling a phone number which had been written on a rock.
Joanne Shorten, who has been married for 15 years, lost her wedding ring whilst playing on the beach with her children.
Joanne, from Leeds, said: “We were on holiday visiting my parents and went down to the beach to play catch with the ball and my ring fell off.
“We were there for around three to four hours and couldn’t find it.
“Even... read more
- 18:05 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi' fountain could flow again in Birmingham
- 18:05 Birmingham City favourite has made this interesting transfer admission
- 18:05 MDMA makes people more cooperative and forgiving, scientists discover
- 18:05 Bouncers found guilty of attacking rugby legend Shane Williams...
- 18:02 Mystery of Chinese camouflaged car spotted in Warwick
- 18:02 Sky is giving away a free 43" TV with its Black Friday Ultimate On...
- 18:01 Coventry City star marks comeback with a goal as he eyes return to...
- 18:01 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp must sign a midfielder to...
- 18:01 Man Utd news: Injury updates amid potential crisis for Crystal...
- 18:01 Like Norman Foster's gherkin? Meet his cocktail cornichon
- 18:00 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:57 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told to strengthen ONE position...
- 17:56 Northamptonshire's crime commissioner asks: 'Would you pay £2 a...
- 17:53 Salon staff 'beauty shame' teenage customer with cruel comments on...
- 17:53 Drug dealer ordered to pay £21k or do more jail time
- 17:52 Post-Brexit immigration plan would damage UK economy, May told
- 17:51 Major delays as multiple 999 crews rush in after pedestrian is...
- 17:50 Juventus ‘compiling dossier’ on Manchester United star Marcus Rashford
- 17:48 Weekend hockey results
- 17:47 Shipston Home Nursing announces week long pop up
- 17:46 Hospitality graduates show off skills at Celtic Park
- 17:43 Six students at Toronto Catholic school charged with sexual assault
- 17:43 Leeds German Christmas Market carousel's long history
- 17:43 Hyponatraemia Inquiry: GMC investigates two doctors
- 17:41 Police issue statement as man is 'seriously hurt' in Goole attack
- 17:41 Woman pulled from River Tyne and taken to hospital after rescue...
- 17:40 Corbyn's bold Brexit vision shows up May's tired old soundbites
- 17:40 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:38 Ben Walmsley's death prompted warning over video game
- 17:37 'I go a little bit crazy' - ex-Birmingham City top scorer making a...