Couple’s ‘infertility announcements’ bring a little humour to a tough situation
After seven years of struggling to conceive, a process which became an ‘all consuming’ part of their lives, Whitney and Spencer Blake just wanted something to smile about.
Which is how their ‘Infertility Announcements’ photo series, a darkly comic parody on pregnancy reveals, came about.
The couple, both 30, from Idaho injected a little black humour into what was a very tough situation. ‘Humor has always been one of our coping mechanisms,’ they told us. ‘We found that having a sense of humor made infertility a bit more bearable.’
They decided to share the light-hearted pictures on their... read more
- 14:33 Mum who spent £15k on botched plastic surgery uses blood-sucking...
- 14:30 Fewer than one in eight rape cases result in convictions in...
- 14:30 'Don't punish the children': Hull parents' backlash over schools...
- 14:30 Thousands of Wiganers could have sex "superbug"
- 14:31 Scottish Government handed over public cash for advertising...
- 14:30 You're much more likely to die of cancer if you live in certain...
- 14:30 Police issue warning after £100k scam
- 14:30 Longridge put Palace Shield title credentials to test
- 14:31 Want to be bag free? Then visit LeftIt
- 14:31 Who was William Wallace and what was his role in the Battle of...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 Sharp rise in gun and knife crime in Sunderland, police recorded...
- 14:30 Main stage act pulls out of Tramlines festival after posting...
- 14:30 Shocking statistics reveal robberies on the rise in Sheffield
- 14:31 Mum Selina’s warning over tragic online pain ‘games’
- 14:30 Olivia in the running to become Miss England
- 14:30 Pupils honoured at Speech Day
- 14:30 Chernobyl children get arty at Cockermouth School
- 14:31 Arsonists strike NINE times across South Yorkshire overnight
- 14:31 Man found guilty of hunting hares with a dog in Derbyshire
- 14:30 Army Cadet who saved a life in Mansfield awarded by Mayor - as four...
- 14:30 Vandals branded ‘disgrace to society’ after defacing war memorial
- 14:30 New escape rooms coming to Wellingborough soon
- 14:30 Rats climbing walls and seen 'every day' at Northampton council estate
- 14:30 Grassy field ablaze in Holmewood
- 14:31 Do dock leaves cure nettle stings? Here's what to do if you get stung
- 14:30 Drought order made to draw water from three lakes
- 14:31 Self-harming children refused access to mental health services...
- 14:30 Recreated 'lost' cottage of murdered quilter opens under £18million...
- 14:30 Social action day improves grounds around Sheffield school