County warned to brace for cold snap
Lancashire should brace itself for a cold snap following above average temperatures this weekend, forecasters have warned.
The Met Office has said that temperatures are expected to plunge moving towards the end of January, but it cannot say if the country will be hit by a whiteout.
Read more>>> Longton prison officer Sally McGrath accused of relationship with inmate
Many people across the country should expect a cloudy and mild Saturday and Sunday, with highs of 8C or 9C.
But the forecasters said that by the end of the month the temperatures are expected to drop and conditions to... read more
- 16:02 Scarborough Labour Group reacts to the resignation of seven MPs...
- 16:01 Nandos and drive-thru Starbucks could be coming to South Shore
- 16:01 Burglar jailed for more than two years for Pontefract house break-in
- 16:00 Derbyshire Roads Policing Unit target rule breaking drivers in Codnor
- 15:59 The man, 51, who got drunk and disorderly at Hull Fair
- 15:59 Where and when to see RAF Tornados flying for the last time
- 15:58 Thief admits to stealing £50,000 from vulnerable Hartlepool man
- 15:58 Cleveland Fire Brigade bosses hit out over government cuts as they...
- 15:58 New £100,000 footbridge planned for A515
- 15:58 Carousel returns to Chesterfield for half-term
- 15:57 Kettering headteacher 'can't wait for next full inspection' after...
- 15:57 Burglar who stole 'irreplaceable' wedding ring from Sunderland home...
- 15:56 How Hull business Sonoco Trident has its staff's wellbeing in mind
- 15:56 Police hunt for Doncaster teenager missing for over a week
- 15:55 Chelsea set to beat Man Utd if N’Golo Kante ‘can stop’ Red Devils...
- 15:55 Eden Hazard to stay if Zinedine Zidane joins Chelsea? - These...
- 15:55 Martin Keown reveals why Man Utd should be worried about Chelsea in...
- 15:55 Futture Calderdale Royal Hospital accident and emergency plan put...
- 15:54 Police statement on shocking attack which forced paramedics to...
- 15:54 This Hull school is being demolished and this is the reason why
- 15:54 Family pays tribute to ‘special’ teenager killed in double fatality...
- 15:53 Bell set to be named Rangers’ chairman
- 15:53 North Sunderland close gap on NNL leaders
- 15:53 VIDEO: Is this new video proof of a panther on the prowl in the...
- 15:53 F1 testing: Williams expected to miss day two in Barcelona
- 15:53 This amazing new 'nap desk' lets you doze off in the office
- 15:53 Fears for Loch Ness monster due to ‘harmful’ hydro plant plans
- 15:52 Roberto Firmino a major doubt to face Bayern Munich after missing...
- 15:53 Sutton man banned from keeping pets after birds found dead
- 15:52 'We all love him so much and miss him dearly' - tributes to...