County councillor condemns travellers pitching up at Nottinghamshire country parks
Nottinghamshire County councillor John Peck spoke of his annoyance at the disruption caused by a group of travellers who pitched up at three country parks in the area.
Coun Peck, who represents the Sherwood Forest Division on Nottinghamshire County Council, has dealt with a number of calls from concerned residents when travellers camped at Vicar Water Country Park.
He said that the encampment affected the business of nearby Rumbles cafe.
He added that the travellers then moved on to Rufford country park before arriving at the Sherwood Forest Country Park car park yesterday (December 7).
In... read more
- 05:00 HORSE RACING TIPS TODAY: The best bets for Newcastle, Doncaster,...
- 04:58 Final approval given for 178 homes development for Boston
- 04:16 The cool gaze of a mum who tried to cover up a murder - then went...
- 03:50 Here are the planned roadworks in Yorkshire from December 17
- 03:42 The worst place to find a parking space in Scotland is...the...
- 03:31 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 03:18 Brexit: Amber Rudd urges MPs to 'forge a consensus'
- 03:03 Tom Richmond: Theresa May has been saved – but can she save the...
- 02:36 Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- 02:30 Street lights won't be dimmed in crime hotspots in Birmingham
- 02:23 US federal judge rules Obama healthcare law unconstitutional
- 02:19 The drug gang brother and sister on the run after walking out of court
- 02:17 Conor McGregor attempts 540-degree spin kick – fans stunned as UFC...
- 02:14 Nissan Brexit letter ‘still too confidential to release’
- 01:47 Universal credit claimants fear spending Christmas without money
- 01:43 Yemen war: Can ceasefire deal finally bring peace?
- 01:42 Miss USA apologizes for mocking rivals' English-speaking skills
- 01:34 Strictly Come Dancing finalists discuss their ups, downs and future...
- 01:34 Do autistic people 'get' jokes?
- 01:28 Jo Miller: The price local councils like mine are paying on the...
- 01:28 Justine Greening: Time for honesty – I backed Theresa May in...
- 01:00 DR Congo elections: Why do voters mistrust electronic voting?
- 00:59 Make it a time for giving to Scottish charities this Christmas
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Finals weekend as BBC viewers cast their...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Schools are the first line of policing
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Now Theresa May is back to square one on...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Seeds of Tories’ self-destruction were planted by...
- 00:49 Poor transport and bad traffic stymies region, admits Government...
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 636
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,244 hard