Council of Europe Assembly 'condemns' Spanish police brutality during Catalan referendum
Politicians from a wide spectrum of groups admitted their "shock" after seeing the scenes of brutality of the Guardia Civil and national police as they tried to prevent the referendum on independence for Catalonia, a north east region in Spain.
The country's security forces attempted to stop the vote taking place after the central government in Madrid said such a vote was against the constitution and declared it illegal.
In their attempt to prevent the vote taking place the national security forces were seen using batons against unarmed people attempting to vote as well as firing... read more
- 10:01 Travellers leave Preston’s Moor Park a muddy mess
- 10:01 Parents of severely disabled Lichfield woman hit with tax shock
- 10:01 Inside the council house set to be sold because nobody wants to...
- 10:01 Warning over Purple Drank - the potentially deadly cough syrup drug...
- 10:00 Ian Wright blasts Ivan Gazidis after controversial Arsenal exit
- 10:00 Celtic v Rosenborg TV channel, live stream, kick-off time, odds and...
- 10:00 Ram raiders fail in bid to steal cash machine from Doncaster shop
- 09:59 In this week’s Herald. . .
- 09:59 New York inmate's golf drawings lead to exoneration in murder
- 09:59 Former Mansfield primary school teacher who sexually assaulted...
- 09:58 Malorie Blackman will publish a fifth book in her Noughts & Crosses...
- 09:58 Everything you need to know about Ripon's new Remembrance garden
- 09:57 Morecambe’s volunteer lifeboat crew launch to man in water
- 09:56 Drugs taken from outside home in Maryport
- 09:56 Four children killed in horror crash between train and cargo bike...
- 09:56 Mum worked as prostitute to win custody of baby she's accused of...
- 09:54 Leyonhjelm argues comments about Sarah Hanson-Young would boost her...
- 09:54 Thames Valley police officer warned over death in custody
- 09:54 What’s on in the Pocklington and district area over the next couple...
- 09:54 Work begins on flooding scheme
- 09:54 Shoppers in Lichfield can pick up festive mince pies – in September!
- 09:53 Motorcycle stolen in Workington
- 09:51 Wakefield Council leader Peter Box vows to stay on in role
- 09:51 Major route into Northampton at a standstill after bus fire
- 09:51 Ram raiders fail in bid to steal cash machine from Doncaster shop
- 09:51 Heart of Your Community 2018 - vote for your Charity Champion
- 09:51 Chris Grayling refuses to take blame for rail timetable chaos
- 09:50 Organisers of hospital protest march hoping for a huge turn out
- 09:49 What to stream and download this week
- 09:49 Rugby mayor encourages residents to sign pledge to improve their...