Council leaders call for overhaul of children's mental health services
Chief executive of YoungMinds Sarah Brennan welcomed the LGA highlighting the need for children's mental health service reforms. Photograph: Robert James Egan Services for children with mental health problems need a complete overhaul so youngsters and their families are not forced to deal with a complex system at such a difficult time in their lives, council leaders have said.
The current "fragmented" system means children are forced to navigate myriad different mental health organisations to access care, the Local Government Association (LGA) said.
They added that difficulties in... read more
- 19:59 New York Review of Books editor Ian Buruma departs amid outrage...
- 19:57 Glasgow drugs gang caged after supplying more than £1.7 million...
- 19:54 Muller Light addict who eats up to 24 yogurts a day "devastated"...
- 19:54 Boy with severe dairy allergy died after being 'chased at school...
- 19:54 Elderly woman suffers serious injuries in Doncaster collision
- 19:50 Storm Ali: Trees down, roads closed and 6,600 homes without power
- 19:50 Storm Ali in Cumbria: Firefighters respond across the county
- 19:50 Storm Ali in Cumbria: More than 7,500 properties left without power
- 19:48 Melbourne Cup hope Withhold may need prep race in Australia to get...
- 19:47 Police hunting flasher at Acocks Green Railway Station release...
- 19:47 This is why the pound endured a rollercoaster day today
- 19:47 Arsenal stars to BLAME for Arsene Wenger's departure: Per...
- 19:44 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:43 Colombia continues to break records for cocaine production, report...
- 19:41 TV surgeon and girlfriend ‘drugged and raped up over 1,000 women’
- 19:40 Momentum won't block second Brexit vote debate at Labour conference
- 19:39 Who is Charlie Lakin? The lowdown on Birmingham City ace making...
- 19:39 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood obsessed over 'racist and rude'...
- 19:34 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:32 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:31 14,158-strong petition opposes proposed urgent care changes in...
- 19:29 Luxury Briefing
- 19:29 Stealth luxury: falling for the Volkswagen Arteon (sponsored)
- 19:27 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:27 Donald Trump urged Spain to 'build the wall' – across the Sahara
- 19:24 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:24 Stevenage FC footballers in door-to-door support plea
- 19:22 Technology problems plague video link setup after closure of courts
- 19:21 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:19 Bus driver ‘kisses and gropes’ teenage passenger while sitting in...