Council employee who faked expenses in trouble again after failing to declare suspension to new bosses
A social worker who falsely claimed more than £600 in expenses from Hull City Council has been in hot water again after failing to declare it to her new employers.
Deborah Johnson was suspended as a social worker for six months after a tribunal held last year. While employed by the council, she had pretended to visit a service user at a secure children’s unit 130 miles away in Durham to pocket the cash from made up mileage claims, which totalled £662.76.
She was dismissed from Hull City Council but, when applying for jobs at East Riding Council, Mrs Johnson did not declare her previous... read more
- 10:02 Full police statement released over theft of ATM from Earl Shilton...
- 10:02 What are the last posting dates for Christmas 2018?
- 10:02 Girl tormented by dad’s suicide hanged herself at same spot 10...
- 10:01 Stagecoach urged to delay cuts to Warwickshire bus services
- 10:01 Meghan's dad says daughter 'ghosting' him since wedding
- 10:00 Late evening Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve Metro timetable released
- 10:00 Video shows extent of damage to JD Sports in Sheffield after early...
- 09:59 Business Awards launched with new name and a new venue
- 09:59 Video shows extent of damage to JD Sports in Sheffield after early...
- 09:58 Lancaster beauty therapist spots fiancée’s skin cancer
- 09:57 Amazon and Apple just teamed up to give Alexa a crucial music upgrade
- 09:56 Free festive meal for those facing Christmas alone
- 09:55 Free festive meal for those facing Christmas alone
- 09:54 These were the best performing primary schools in Doncaster in 2018
- 09:54 Preston North End LIVE: Alex Neil looking up the Championship...
- 09:54 Stagecoach urged to delay cuts to Warwickshire bus services
- 09:54 Aston Villa consider Premier League defender; Leeds in for middle...
- 09:54 Ian Bell ringing the changes as he heads east for quickfire T20 stint
- 09:54 London's new official plan for cycling is bold but has a major flaw
- 09:53 84-year-old woman stopped as she drove the wrong way along the A64
- 09:53 These are the mobile speed camera locations to be aware of in...
- 09:53 'Unknown offenders' throw eggs at house of 95-year-old D-Day...
- 09:52 Meghan Markle and Prince Harry nicknamed 'Monica and Chandler' by...
- 09:52 Robbie Williams revealed as new Weight Watchers ambassador
- 09:52 Rumour Mill: ‘No big deal’ if Pogba is sold says ex-Manchester...
- 09:52 Championship Live: All eyes on big Derby v Forest showdown
- 09:51 Men found guilty of raping woman in Roker Avenue flat due to be...
- 09:51 These are the benefits dates for Christmas 2018 - when child...
- 09:51 Shorter train delays now trigger rail pay outs by Northern
- 09:51 Free festive meal for those facing Christmas alone