Council can't get out to mammoth pothole reported on Saturday until tomorrow
Derbyshire County Council has confirmed today that it will be assessing a huge pothole - three days after at least twelve drivers claimed their vehicles had suffered serious damage.
The motorists reported that they had hit the 10ft pothole on Saturday, January 6, while driving along Derby Road, near Stanley.
They claim that the 7-inch-deep hole, situated between the turnings for Lime Lane and Victoria Avenue, has caused hundreds of pounds of damage to vehicles.
Tom Gledhill, owner of a hair salon in Green Lane, Derby, said that it caused £700 worth of damage to the Citroen C3 he was... read more
- 09:48 Train services from Lancashire hit after power failure
- 09:46 Overhead wire damage sees major delays to Caledonian Sleeper service
- 09:46 Man charged with fraud after doorstep incident
- 09:46 Plaque unveiling to mark 100 years of South Tyneside village landmark
- 09:44 Crash blocks A66 near Appleby
- 09:43 Olympic swimmer Lizzie Simmonds a hit with Louth Dolphins
- 09:43 Farlam Hall: Peace at a price
- 09:42 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 09:40 Superbike takes on F1 car, private jet, fighter jet and three...
- 09:37 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 09:37 'Devastating' fire destroys popular pub in Moray town
- 09:36 Yotam Ottolenghi’s Middle Eastern recipes
- 09:35 Lincolnshire police sergeant to face gross misconduct hearing
- 09:35 Awards champion Tony Carlisle pays tribute to a South Tyneside hero...
- 09:35 South Shields gran braves the shave to boost cancer charity funds
- 09:34 Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder: What has been agreed? When is the...
- 09:32 Chris Grayling admits he failed to 'ask the difficult questions' in...
- 09:30 David Wotherspoon fighting to get back into the St Johnstone first...
- 09:31 'Our house fell apart – but our insurer won't pay the full amount'
- 09:31 Arsenal news: Pavon transfer claim, Ramsey and Gazidis prediction,...
- 09:30 Dundee United goalkeeper Matej Rakovan admits Falkirk game is...
- 09:30 Raith’s Grant Gillespie hoping interim boss Kevin Cuthbert can...
- 09:30 Montrose only focusing on themselves as they take on managerless Raith
- 09:30 Elliott Parish insists Dundee players need to stand up and be...
- 09:30 Jim Weir will make changes for Forfar derby against Brechin
- 09:30 Dundee boss Neil McCann hampered by significant injury list ahead...
- 09:29 Train services from Lancashire hit after power failure
- 09:28 Man killed and boy hurt after fight at north London flat
- 09:28 Elite Iranian soldiers killed in attack on military parade
- 09:27 Courageous little cancer survivor given first family holiday by...