Could your medications be making you depressed?
When you hear of a drug having side-effects you might think of a physical reaction like a rash or a headache.
But according to a new US study, many commonly-prescribed drugs may increase the risk of depression.
The list includes heart medications, birth control pills and some painkillers - things lots of people in the UK are also prescribed.
More than a third of the drugs the 26,000 participants took had depression as a possible side-effect.
What's going on? The study, in the Journal of the American Medical Association, looked only at people in the US who were 18 or older and taking at... read more
- 12:45 Man falls 25 metres from cliffs in Scarborough
- 12:45 This is why I made a unique memorial cross for Bridlington
- 12:45 Mayor Ros Jones: Doncaster ‘outperforming’ other councils on...
- 12:44 I'm a Celebrity viewers accuse show of 'staging' bushtucker trial...
- 12:44 New secondary school site proposal for Warwick district
- 12:43 Shoppers concerns over bank card safety after Co-op ram raid
- 12:42 Police sorry for 'too much' detail in public sex appeal
- 12:42 Curle prepared for tough decisions as players return to fitness
- 12:41 Premier League transfer news: Ivan Perisic, Anthony Martial,...
- 12:41 Northamptonshire commissioner's damning verdict on children's services
- 12:41 Mansfield Labour candidate launches petition against disability...
- 12:41 Police concern for 15-year-old girl missing from Broxtowe
- 12:41 Louth Scout Hut proposals get the green light
- 12:40 TV celeb to host free jewellery valuations in Stratford
- 12:37 Dewsbury Tories name election candidate to take on Paula Sherriff
- 12:36 SNP MP criticised by Commons Speaker after playing football in...
- 12:36 Man from Skegness kicked partner’s leg
- 12:35 Yorkshire veterans compete for title of best cook
- 12:35 Council apologise over movie shoot bus lane fine blunder
- 12:35 All set for a cracking Vale’s Got Talent final with top Melton acts
- 12:34 Bathing water quality is no longer classed as good in parts of...
- 12:34 ‘Bullied’ girl, 12, wrote RIP on her heel then took her own life
- 12:33 MOT tests failures DOUBLE under new rules - how to make sure your...
- 12:33 Warrants executed in connection with Oxfordshire cash machine thefts
- 12:32 Australia snap losing T20 streak with rain-affected win over India
- 12:32 Clitheroe Library to host World War One tribute folk show
- 12:32 Number one reason for cancelled children’s operations at Blackpool...
- 12:31 New Home Bargains store set to open in Garforth: 40 jobs created
- 12:30 The best Black Friday beauty deals for 2018 from Beauty Bay to SpaceNK
- 12:30 What those symbols on your beauty products actually mean