Could housing boom help build your pension? The firms set to benefit from Government pledge to build 300,000 new homes a year
It has become a hot topic at dinner parties and barely a day passes when it’s not causing a stir in the House of Commons.
But could Britain’s housing shortage also hold the key to boosting your Isa or pension fund?
Ministers seem determined to build more homes. Chancellor Philip Hammond has committed £44billion to help deliver 300,000 homes a year over the next half a decade.
On top of that, an extra £10 billion has been committed to the Help to Buy scheme, which offers interest-free Government loans to home buyers for up to 20 per cent of a property’s value.
The construction drive led... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle