Could Dan Wagner's PowaTag technology save the British High Street?
Dan Wagner was one of the original entrepreneurs at the centre of Britain's dotcom boom and bust. Now he is heading for a stock market comeback with a vision of reinventing this country's troubled high streets, no less, by melding together e-commerce and traditional shops.
Last month he secured £49million of funding for his Powa business from an unconfirmed investor widely thought to be Wellington Management, a fund based in Massachusetts, in return for a stake of less than 25 per cent. He is planning a float within 18 months.
Wagner's big idea is PowaTag, a product that allows shoppers to... read more
- 00:44 'I didn't worry about getting HIV'
- 00:44 Prize crossword 27,669
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 632
- 00:42 David Behrens: We’re paying rail company more to add insult to...
- 00:39 Aldyr Schlee, designer of Brazil's famous yellow jersey, dies
- 00:30 Turnbull says climate change has become a 'third rail' for Liberal...
- 00:30 CIA determines Saudi crown prince ordered journalist's killing –...
- 00:28 Awards reveal some of Hull's most talented young entrepreneurs
- 00:27 Co-op own-brand champagne better than Moët, says Which?
- 00:27 Patisserie Valerie chair hires former SFO investigator as his lawyer
- 00:22 Welcome sight: Why some Jamaicans want the army to stay
- 00:17 University students hit by wave of fake tax refund emails
- 00:14 Sabarimala: Why has a Hindu temple divided India's women?
- 00:11 Vienna nest of spies: Why Austria is still centre for espionage
- 00:11 Students targeted in 'biggest-ever' phishing scam
- 00:07 French fuel protests against Macron over rising prices
- 00:00 Nottingham Rock City evacuated after 'flare set off'
- 23:53 No threat seen as Rugby Australia gives blessing to rival competition
- 23:48 Ariana Grande debuts short hair - and fans go wild
- 23:38 Who should you vote for in the Victorian election?
- 23:33 Cuba pulls doctors out of Brazil amid row
- 23:33 Chelsea set to win race for Borussia Dortmund’s £70m-rated star...
- 23:33 Djokovic offers solution to Federer and Zverev debate on ATP calendar
- 23:33 Emma Bunton relaunches solo career despite Spice Girls reunion
- 23:26 Moment drunk driver deliberately crashes into crowd of people...
- 23:26 Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams to challenge governor poll loss
- 23:23 ‘I wasn’t rusted to either side’: Ricky Muir makes another tilt at...
- 23:15 Trump 'personally answers Mueller Russia questions'
- 23:11 How long can gin stay in high spirits?
- 23:11 Turkey who became mayor of town is wanted by police for...