Could Dan Wagner's PowaTag technology save the British High Street?
Dan Wagner was one of the original entrepreneurs at the centre of Britain's dotcom boom and bust. Now he is heading for a stock market comeback with a vision of reinventing this country's troubled high streets, no less, by melding together e-commerce and traditional shops.
Last month he secured £49million of funding for his Powa business from an unconfirmed investor widely thought to be Wellington Management, a fund based in Massachusetts, in return for a stake of less than 25 per cent. He is planning a float within 18 months.
Wagner's big idea is PowaTag, a product that allows shoppers to... read more
- 14:19 Fine for man who dragged girlfriend by her hair in Mansfield
- 14:18 Jean's parents paid into a 'Penny Club' run at Sailor's Return pub
- 14:18 Where will additional £24million of council cuts be coming from?
- 14:18 Developer sets out £10m claim against Northumberland County Council
- 14:18 Army veteran’s violent struggle with partner over Alexa speaker in...
- 14:18 Fine for man who dragged girlfriend by her hair in Mansfield
- 14:18 $esc.html($content.name)
- 14:17 Barnsley woman seeks compensation after losing leg in Smiler crash...
- 14:16 Man Utd legend Patrice Evra leaves fans in STITCHES with hilarious...
- 14:16 West Ham news: Felipe Anderson set sights on Chelsea after Everton...
- 14:16 Veteran Blackpool favourite Ken Dodd to be honoured with BBC show
- 14:16 Trams delayed due to wire problem
- 14:14 Storm Ali in Cumbria: More than 6,600 properties left without power
- 14:14 Storm Ali: Trees down, roads closed and 6,600 homes without power
- 14:14 New Westinghouse owner in talks to buy Moorside developer NuGen -...
- 14:14 French police probe gang rape videos aired on Snapchat
- 14:14 Army veteran’s violent struggle with partner over Alexa speaker in...
- 14:14 Learner driver caught over the limit in Worksop
- 14:14 Fine for man who dragged girlfriend by her hair in Mansfield
- 14:14 Missed appointments cost York Teaching Hospital trust almost £1.5m
- 14:14 'Riot van, police cars and drones' sent to potential fracking site
- 14:13 Brawl breaks out between fans at the King Power Stadium during...
- 14:13 Storm Ali: A timeline of how it will hit Hartlepool
- 14:13 Fairwoods Solicitors in Preston raises funds for Derian House
- 14:13 Chorley St George's Guides marks 100 years
- 14:12 Police appeal after fight between group of people in Corby
- 14:11 East Lancashire first in UK to introduce CT scan technology
- 14:10 Ex-paratrooper marches into RAF Coningsby
- 14:10 Aston Villa fans spot this cheeky Jack Grealish moment against...
- 14:10 This is exactly when Storm Ali is forecast to hit Birmingham