Construction activity hit by infrastructure slump
Britain’s construction industry suffered a surprise slide in output in August, as an infrastructure slowdown added further pain to the struggling sector in the wake of the EU referendum.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said construction output, dropped 1.5 per cent month-on-month. That compares with a 0.5 per cent increase in July and economists’ estimates of zero growth.
A marked fall in construction output over the quarter would pose some downside risk Howard Archer The official figures showed that all new work dropped by 1.4 per cent, while repair and maintenance fell 1.5 per... read more
- 16:42 Revealed: £1.1 resurfacing programme on FOUR major Harrogate roads
- 16:41 Primary pupils' support for cystic fibrosis sufferers
- 16:41 Police after young vandals who damaged Anchorsholme church and East...
- 16:40 Revealed: £1.1 resurfacing programme on FOUR major Harrogate roads
- 16:40 CCTV appeal after college student assaulted in County Durham street
- 16:39 Tory transport boss FINALLY responds to Mersey Gateway complaints -...
- 16:39 Walk, run or jog - see the amazing women who joined Doncaster’s...
- 16:38 Kylie Minogue looks radiant in a striking yellow silk slip dress in...
- 16:38 Tulisa talks about winning THAT lawsuit against will.i.am and...
- 16:38 The Brexit referendum on TV: reliving 11 hours of agony
- 16:38 Holly Willoughby wears bright yellow halter-neck dress as she films...
- 16:38 Tragedy for ex-Love Island star as her boyfriend dies a week after...
- 16:38 Cobblers defender Bunney makes loan move to Blackpool
- 16:37 Revealed: £1.1 resurfacing programme on FOUR major Harrogate roads
- 16:37 Sun shines on the Bloxham Steam Rally
- 16:36 Maplin chain now completely closed
- 16:36 Tailbacks on A590 after collision
- 16:35 Sky boss calls for more women programmers as Leeds launches growth...
- 16:34 48 hours in Chicago: the ultimate two-day guide
- 16:34 Rhinos launch kids hospice grand car raffle
- 16:33 Smoking, chip pans and candles: Fires in your home could be prevented
- 16:33 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks
- 16:33 Adobe says it can identify manipulated images using AI
- 16:33 A Derbyshire pub is covered in St. George's spirit for the World...
- 16:32 Grimsby weather presenter Keeley Donovan shares video and photos of...
- 16:32 Police car attacked as officers called to disturbance on Grange estate
- 16:32 Man arrested in dawn operation in connection with sex offence...
- 16:31 This is why huge plumes of smoke could be seen across Birmingham today
- 16:31 Revealed: Nine of the UK’s 10 cheapest seaside towns are in Scotland
- 16:30 Gardener and girlfriend win £3million on Lottery scratchcard