Computing components 'could pose health risk'
A material commonly used in computer technology could pose health risks to those involved in its manufacture, scientists warned today.
Nanoplatelets, made from thin layers of the carbon graphene, are used for their super-conductive properties.
The flexibility of the disc-shaped particles mean they can be readily incorporated into plastic and rubber.
They are used to enhance the electronic properties of touch screens.
But scientists at the University of Edinburgh have found that the particles could be harmful when they enter the lungs.
The nanoplatelets, which are less than one carbon atom... read more
- 13:58 Former Doncaster Rovers boss opens up about severe memory loss...
- 13:58 Juventus fans ‘dream’ of re-signing Paul Pogba, reveals Miralem Pjanic
- 13:58 Asda security guard attacked after asking group to leave
- 13:58 Sister companies delighted with success at Scarborough business awards
- 13:58 Walkers launches crisp packet recycling after postal protest
- 13:57 Former Miss Kentucky ‘sent nude photos of herself to schoolboy, 15’
- 13:57 Climate change and the UK: Five good and bad things
- 13:57 Crossrail delay: £1.4bn bailout as autumn 2019 launch delayed
- 13:56 China's new games censors take tough stance
- 13:56 Theresa May could be delaying tomorrow’s key Brexit vote
- 13:55 School IT worker Alex Barnes bullied pupil, 15, into having sex...
- 13:55 Brexit: Who could replace Theresa May?
- 13:55 Preston North End waiting for news on Brandon Barker's hamstring...
- 13:55 Man wanted for sexual assault after trying to pull clothes of woman...
- 13:55 Scruffy Hull bridge covered in green slime set for a makeover
- 13:53 Crossrail delayed indefinitely as builders ask for...
- 13:52 'Dangerous' rapist who attacked Northampton pensioner in her home...
- 13:52 Man wanted for sexual assault after trying to pull clothes of woman...
- 13:51 PICTURES: Sea of red at Rotary Santa Fun Run in Skegness
- 13:51 Water burst causes havoc in Bury town centre
- 13:50 Why Brexit vote is being delayed and what it means for Theresa May
- 13:49 Ronnie O'Sullivan fans BLAME Barry Hearn for snooker star pulling...
- 13:48 Scottish Youtube star Jamie Genevieve warned over paid promotions...
- 13:48 Morton superfan stranded 200 miles from home hitches lift on TEAM...
- 13:48 The 'very good' new Indian restaurant that's already getting rave...
- 13:47 Pound tumbles as Britain slumps to ‘worst year since credit crunch’...
- 13:47 Russia 'paved way for Ukraine ship seizures with fake news drive'
- 13:46 Theresa May could be delaying tomorrow’s key Brexit vote
- 13:46 Man from Coventry dies in crash with pick-up truck
- 13:46 St Annes pedestrian suffers serious head injuries after being...