Complaints about loans see sharp rise
Concerns have been raised about lenders' treatment of customers with high-cost loans, following a record number of complaints to an ombudsman.
The Financial Ombudsman Service said that complaints about borrowing - ranging from store cards to payday loans - had risen by 40% in a year.
More than a third of these complaints were upheld by the ombudsman.
The report comes a day before the results of a major review of the sector by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Essential bill arrears 'more likely among women' Banks 'charging more' for overdrafts than payday lenders Excluding complaints about... read more
- 11:11 Bridlington students celebrate A-level results
- 11:10 The outdoors summer has a sting in the tail for South Shore-based...
- 11:10 Burnley community farm march to Martin Mere
- 11:10 Travellers leave 'human excrement' in bushes after leaving Ormsgill...
- 11:09 Armed police escort doctor off EasyJet plane in row over leg room
- 11:09 Planning permission granted to convert listed building near Rugby...
- 11:08 Luton Town chairman urges fans to stop chants in support of Tommy...
- 11:09 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:08 Team Sky’s Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome to ride in Tour of Britain
- 11:08 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:08 Rise in car thefts in North Yorkshire, latest police data reveals
- 11:06 Mariah Carey teaches daughter to 'pose like mommy' on luxury yacht...
- 11:06 John Swinney: No "morale crisis" among Scots teachers
- 11:05 Lady Lumley's School produce record A-level results
- 11:04 Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui told to swoop for Crystal Palace...
- 11:03 Victor the polar bear undergoes pollen allergy test at Yorkshire...
- 11:03 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:03 English Martyrs celebrates 99% A-level pass rate
- 11:03 AMP to compensate super investors after fresh humiliation at royal...
- 11:03 Should US mothers be paid for life-saving cord blood or placentas?
- 11:03 Dozens of homes face several hours with no or little water after...
- 11:02 A-levels 2017: Your results guide for Halifax
- 11:02 Last chance to visit Shibden Hall before it closes for filming for...
- 11:02 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:02 We filmed the moment an 18-year-old opened her A Levels - and it...
- 11:01 Trial date set for Alford man charged with fraud over dead...
- 11:01 Pedestrian seriously injured and man arrested following crash in...
- 11:01 A-levels 2017: Your guide to Wakefield's results
- 11:01 A-LEVEL RESULTS: Blackpool Sixth pupils exceed their own expectations
- 11:00 Burnley community farm march to Martin Mere