Co-op complains to government as uncertainty clouds new store plans
The government is set to weigh in on whether or not the Co-op will be allowed to build a new store in South Kirkby.
The supermarket wants to develop the town's old health centre on Barnsley Road, despite a petition of 134 signatures being tabled against the move.
Concerns have been raised about the proposed entrance to the Co-op's car park being "dangerous" and the potential impact on traffic around the site.
A decision on whether or not to approve the application was deferred at a July meeting, at which local councillor Steve Tulley called the plans the "worst I've seen in... read more
- 13:39 Lincolnshire’s most dangerous junctions revealed
- 13:39 Ditching nuclear arms treaty would be 'dangerous step', Russia...
- 13:38 Girl, 6, saves mum’s life by telling teacher ‘my daddy is hurting...
- 13:37 48 pictures of new school starters in east Hull primary schools
- 13:36 Roger Federer targets new record as he seeks return to form in Basel
- 13:36 Shocking picture shows pensioner in hospital after scrambler hit...
- 13:34 Ben & Jerry’s launch four new low-calorie options
- 13:34 Photographing mixed race people has helped me connect to my dual...
- 13:32 FA Cup joy for Solihull Moors as the impressive run continues
- 13:27 Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged
- 13:23 Glazers do not intend to sell Manchester United amid reports of...
- 13:23 Catalonia's independence struggle has hit Barcelona's reputation,...
- 13:21 Mum and five kids 'left freezing in home without a window for weeks'
- 13:20 Leeds bowel patient raises awareness
- 13:20 Daisy needs a special home
- 13:14 Edward Moon shines out among the best (review)
- 13:13 Ninestiles school to enforce 'silent corridor' rule
- 13:13 Dominic Raab tells 'jittery' Tories: Hold your nerve
- 13:12 Man City star Bernardo Silva sends warning to Liverpool and Chelsea...
- 13:11 Three people reveal why they like being part of the sugar...
- 13:10 Julie on care award shortlist
- 13:10 MND suffer Jason Liversidge's triple world record attempt
- 13:08 Wirral's best schools for GCSE results revealed
- 13:07 Landmark Jewish cafe Gaby's Deli in London to close
- 13:01 A sheep in wolf’s clothing? The other side of Henry VIII
- 13:01 Heartbroken man reveals how Universal Credit chaos forced wife into...
- 13:00 Police issue CCTV appeal after man stabbed in Coventry
- 12:53 Mum’s disgust after finding maggots in Aldi shop
- 12:53 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following attack in...
- 12:53 Man filmed hurling racist abuse at woman sat near him on plane