Co-op complains to government as uncertainty clouds new store plans
The government is set to weigh in on whether or not the Co-op will be allowed to build a new store in South Kirkby.
The supermarket wants to develop the town's old health centre on Barnsley Road, despite a petition of 134 signatures being tabled against the move.
Concerns have been raised about the proposed entrance to the Co-op's car park being "dangerous" and the potential impact on traffic around the site.
A decision on whether or not to approve the application was deferred at a July meeting, at which local councillor Steve Tulley called the plans the "worst I've seen in... read more
- 01:13 EU referendum registration deadline extended
- 01:09 James DeGale ‘pretty sure’ he will retire after loss Chris Eubank Jr
- 01:04 IN PICTURES: Runners take on endurance challenges along the...
- 00:55 Northampton Saints 27 Bath 26: Tom Vickers' review and player ratings
- 00:53 Church of England urges five days of prayer for poor as Brexit looms
- 00:49 Brexit: What would it mean for UK pensioners living in Europe?
- 00:49 What has really happened since Macpherson's report
- 00:47 New strategy to help deal with dementia issue in Lincolnshire is...
- 00:32 Rory McIlroy shooting for a Mexico stand-off with Dustin Johnson
- 00:32 Chris Eubank Jr beats James DeGale to send Londoner towards retirement
- 00:29 Oscars 2019: How will the ceremony change this year?
- 00:28 Tymoshenko v Tymoshenko: Funny business at the polls
- 00:28 Australian farmers' long road after mass cattle deaths
- 00:28 Gambling addict with brain injury spent £210,000
- 00:28 Supermarkets misleading shoppers on healthy food, say nutritionists
- 00:24 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall -...
- 00:19 Greece's invisible minority - the Macedonian Slavs
- 00:18 Kim Jong Un boards train to head to summit with Trump in Vietnam
- 00:17 'He lost control' - Craig Hignett reacts to remarkable refereeing...
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:15 Observer sudoku
- 00:11 Scots activewear brand launches jacket made out of coffee grounds
- 00:11 Two injured after major 11-vehicle crash on M8 in central Glasgow
- 00:11 Neil Lennon: The possibility of Celtic winning a treble treble is...
- 00:11 Iain Morrison: French thrilling in full flight but Scots tough...
- 00:07 Review: Ford’s Focus, Edge and Active
- 00:07 Warren Buffett takes swipe at Trump in shareholder letter
- 00:02 Eddie Jones will not rule out title as Warren Gatland chases grand...
- 23:50 Euan McColm: Moral courage of TIG dissidents won’t cut it
- 23:49 Arsenal ready to beat Manchester City and Chelsea to £40m...