Co-op backs Cumbrian producers
The Co-op has launched a local sourcing programme in Cumbria.
This will see eight firms supply 40 products for sale in 18 of the retailer's stores across the county.
Four breweries which will be supplying the stores.
These are the Penrith-based Appleby Brewery, the Handsome Brewery, based in Bowston, near Kendal, The Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery Company and Stringers in Ulverston.
The other four producers will be Ginger Bakers, confectioner George Romney and tea and coffee merchant Farrer’s – all of which are in Kendal – and preserves maker Cumbrian Delights, based in Staveley.
Charlotte... read more
- 03:26 Chinese restaurant in Burton in the running to scoop a British...
- 03:26 Labour: new public appointments rules are 'power grab' by Tories
- 03:26 School give ‘much loved’ pupil Logan a super send off
- 03:26 Government is ‘turning a blind eye’ to spiralling suicide rate...
- 02:20 BREAKING: Multiple deaths after two planes COLLIDE mid-air in Florida
- 02:20 India: 17 men charged with raping 12-year-old girl over months
- 02:01 Guard asked if extra sedation would be used on David Dungay,...
- 02:01 Trump immigration policy: My life trapped in an American city
- 02:01 Barack Obama's Johannesburg speech in full
- 02:00 The story of how one compilation came to rule them all
- 02:00 Schools alone cannot fix childhood obesity, says Ofsted boss
- 02:00 Kate Hoey under pressure from Labour after siding with Tories
- 02:00 Could a prime minister ever have a Brummie accent?
- 02:00 Five crocodiles in Monmouthshire dangerous animal hotspot
- 02:00 Pte Sean Benton: Coroner to rule on Deepcut army base death
- 02:00 Fears for missing teenage boy as police helicopter joins emergency...
- 01:53 GP Taylor: President Trump told the ugly truth about modern Britain
- 01:53 Smelly reeds in River Freshney to be cleared soon
- 01:53 Bernard Ingham: Maverick Trump shows us how to get tough with the EU
- 01:53 Next stop for health campervan
- 01:04 Revealed: First pictures of new £5 coin released by Royal Mint
- 01:04 Chris Moncrieff: May on brink as Corbyn awaits chance
- 01:04 Sunshine lifts Scots retailers but high street blues persist
- 00:53 Menopause: Lack of specialist care 'limits treatments'
- 00:41 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:41 Festivalgoers urged to get MMR jab as measles infection rate soars
- 00:41 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:41 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Young black men more like to be prosecuted over dispersal orders
- 00:40 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...