Clinton emails: 'Quid pro quo' bid to hide Benghazi message
A State Department official "pressured" the FBI to change the classification of a Hillary Clinton email in a "quid pro quo", according to FBI documents.
Under Secretary of State Patrick Kennedy asked the bureau to unclassify the message so it could be archived, "never to be seen again".
He made the request in relation to an email about the 2012 attacks on the US diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.
But the FBI said it did not change the classification level.
The email in question described reports in November 2012 that Libyan police were arresting suspects... read more
- 16:54 Chesterfield fan threw beer glass into crowded pub
- 16:54 Arsenal transfer news: Update in Man Utd deal, £18m Emery blow,...
- 16:54 Want to work with animals? These jobs vacancies could be perfect...
- 16:54 Serious crash near to hospital closes part of A38 - updates
- 16:53 New Lions ready to roar into action
- 16:51 Facebook working on ‘Time Well Spent’ feature to help tech junkies...
- 16:51 Ronnie Ortiz-Magro's ex Jen Harley arrested for 'beating up' Jersey...
- 16:51 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:51 TOWIE's Lauren Pope displays her gym-honed figure in skimpy striped...
- 16:51 Lucy Mecklenburgh sports a low-cut leopard print dress as she and...
- 16:51 Evangeline Lilly talks faith and fame as she slips into a bikini to...
- 16:50 Chelsea transfer news: Eden Hazard to Real Madrid ‘likely’, Man...
- 16:50 South Northants MP welcomes Euro Garage defeat
- 16:50 Pam celebrates her 102nd birthday at Old Dalby home
- 16:49 EYMS is looking for trainee bus drivers in Hull - here's how to apply
- 16:49 Bedworth murder: Four men arrested over death in flat
- 16:49 Tesco to scrap its price-matching ‘Brand Guarantee’ scheme
- 16:48 Bakewell school high-altitude pudding experiment lost in Lincolnshire
- 16:48 Boy airlifted to hospital after crash near Boston
- 16:48 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:47 Warning after spike in bike thefts in Castleford, Normanton and...
- 16:47 Ulverston gardens the pick of the bunch during open weekend
- 16:47 BBC Look North's Keeley Donovan reveals photos of her rustic...
- 16:47 Ilkeston cabbies to be trained to spot danger signs of abuse
- 16:46 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:46 New flats for the over 60s holding open days in North Tyneside
- 16:46 A whale of a time with North Shields exhibition
- 16:45 Love Island's Alex and Ellie in explosive row as he brands her...
- 16:45 UPDATE: Mum’s thank you after boy survives 40ft cliff plunge
- 16:45 Buzz Aldrin is suing two of his children over 'misusing' his finances