Clinical waste 'backlog' pictured at North Lanarkshire health centres
Photographs showing bags of clinical waste piled at three health centres in North Lanarkshire have been posted on social media.
The images - from Coatbridge, Kilsyth and Cumbernauld - showed bags of waste on top of large waste containers.
It comes after the collapse of the firm Healthcare Environmental Services (HES), which had previously processed clinical waste across Scotland.
NHS Lanarkshire said the waste had since been removed and posed no risk.
Following the collapse of HES in December, the Scottish government said contingency plans would ensure clinical waste continued to be... read more
- 13:01 ‘Peter Wright is the one under pressure, not me’ says latest...
- 12:59 Football parents' anger as Longcroft School building work sparks...
- 12:58 Village sad to see pub go - but hope building could be an...
- 12:58 Derelict Wakefield pub set to be demolished
- 12:57 Figures reveal flooding and water emergencies caused 21 deaths and...
- 12:56 Doncaster College students get to work building luxury homes
- 12:56 Talented Bolsover singer Anthony is going places
- 12:56 Expert: Why it's hard to feel sorry for Shamima Begum
- 12:56 Mats Hummels says Bayern Munich’s tie with Liverpool is ‘still 50-50’
- 12:55 Broken down fuel tanker on A19 blocks slip lane
- 12:55 Village sad to see pub go - but hope building could be an...
- 12:54 Full rundown on Calderdale's car parking price rises and changes
- 12:54 Calderdale car parking price hikes to hit the borough
- 12:54 FLOOD ALERT: High tides and strong winds spark warnings across the...
- 12:53 Scots worst offenders when it comes to using phone at wheel
- 12:53 'Mooove over Cadbury's': Chocolatier makes vegan cream egg...
- 12:53 South Scotland needs to stem tide of outward migration
- 12:52 Sheffield and Doncaster children set to benefit from free education...
- 12:52 Doncaster College students get to work building luxury homes
- 12:52 WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE: Sheep found shot in the face
- 12:51 Expert: Why it's hard to feel sorry for Shamima Begum
- 12:51 Corby house targeted by yobs
- 12:51 Alesha MacPhail murder trial: Woman said she was 'in a better place'
- 12:51 Sheffield and Doncaster children set to benefit from free education...
- 12:51 South Yorkshire handyman with terminal cancer in race to find out...
- 12:51 Broken down fuel tanker on A19 blocks slip lane
- 12:49 Bernie Sanders raises $4m in 12 hours after announcing 2020 campaign
- 12:49 Appeal to help Leamington cancer survivor to have IVF treatment
- 12:48 Fang Fenghui: China's ex-top general jailed for life
- 12:48 Racist woman gets two-month alcohol ban after attacking police officer