Chris Froome could be hit with a provisional ban by UCI if anti-doping case is thought to drag on too long
Cycling's world governing body the UCI could impose a provisional ban on Chris Froome if it feels his anti-doping case is dragging on too long, it is understood.
The 32-year-old Briton is soon expected to announce where he will be racing for the first time since his third-place finish in the time trial at the Road World Championships in Norway on September 20.
That was the day he learned he had returned an adverse analytical finding for the asthma drug salbutamol two weeks before, on his way to victory at the Vuelta a Espana - the second half of last year's historic Grand Tour double,... read more
- 03:01 US moves to negotiate trade deals with Japan, UK, EU
- 02:55 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:28 The best responses to Piers Morgan dad-shaming Daniel Craig
- 02:27 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:22 Chelsea News: Bale for Hazard claim, striker interest confirmed,...
- 02:21 Ian Kiernan: 'Clean Up the World' environmentalist dies
- 02:04 Global register set up to keep criminals out of aid sector
- 01:53 Prince Harry and Meghan begin tour of drought-stricken Dubbo
- 01:43 Trump denounces Cohen and defends Saudi Arabia in wide-ranging...
- 01:28 Afghan drought 'displacing more people than Taliban'
- 01:24 Self-lubricating condom designed to reduce infections
- 01:17 Royal baby name odds: what will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle call...
- 01:09 Mike is a high flier
- 01:03 Why Halloween's reboot is bringing Jamie Lee Curtis so much attention
- 00:57 Bernard Ingham: My advice to Theresa May ahead of EU summit on...
- 00:53 Sarah Champion: Victims must get support in their darkest hours
- 00:48 Nigeria midwife murders: Brutal IS tactics rekindle new fears
- 00:48 Orthodox Church split: Five reasons why it matters
- 00:48 Matt Waddup: On the march for better college funds
- 00:46 Spain to beat Japan in world life expectancy league table for 2040
- 00:46 Self-lubricating condom design may encourage safe sex
- 00:40 Grace and Jack off to a Sure Start
- 00:37 ‘Nuclear option’ won’t be used
- 00:33 Divided Britain: study finds huge chasm in attitudes
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: Joining up policy. Time to overhaul social...
- 00:28 China disappearances show Beijing sets its own rules
- 00:26 Sudoku 4,193 medium
- 00:26 Police reveal 10 of Merseyside's most wanted as part of 'Operation...
- 00:26 Leader of Wirral Council makes surprise decision to step down and...
- 00:19 Man Utd news: Why Jose Mourinho WILL be on the touchline for...