China's PM warns Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un to calm down over hostile "words and actions"
President Trump has been urged by Chinese premier Xi Jinping to tone down his rhetoric over North Korea .
He called for the US president and despot Kim Jong-un to avoid “words and actions” that could heighten tensions.
Trump has been threatening to rain “fire and fury” on North Korea but China, its only major ally, wants more restraint.
The White House said the US and China had agreed Kim must stop “provocative and escalatory behaviour”.
A statement yesterday through North Korea’s official KCNA news agency said the Trump administration “had better talk and act properly,” if it did not want... read more
- 08:39 Japan heatwave prompts concern over conditions for 2020 Olympics
- 08:39 Toronto shooting: woman and gunman dead, 13 injured in Danforth...
- 08:39 Justine Damond: family of Australian shot dead by policeman to file...
- 08:39 Greece and Russia trade barbs in worsening war of words
- 08:39 Three men arrested over acid attack on three-year-old boy
- 08:39 Play shines light on Trojan Horse 'Islamist plot' to run schools
- 08:39 Two quarks for Muster Higgs
- 08:39 Trevor Noah responds to boycott calls over racist joke about...
- 08:39 Monday’s best TV: Storyville: Insha’Allah Democracy; Give It a Year
- 08:39 'Twaddle': librarians respond to suggestion Amazon should replace...
- 08:39 Tim Minchin lands new TV series Upright: 'The show I've been...
- 08:39 David Bowie's first demo track discovered in old bread basket
- 08:39 I'm a bisexual woman who has met a lovely man – but I can’t have...
- 08:39 Diana Penny: Scotland’s tourism and travel businesses are booming
- 08:38 10,000 customers move to ‘democratic’ energy firm
- 08:38 Plan early and avoid debit cards: how to get the most from holiday...
- 08:38 Brian Monteith: A new party offers no guarantees of reversing...
- 08:39 Loris Karius hits back at Liverpool fans who mocked him for...
- 08:38 Leader comment: Turbulent times may demand change
- 08:38 Why didn’t my Eames chairs come up to the mark?
- 08:38 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit puts our fruit farmers in a jam
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea...
- 08:38 Communities could lose out on broadband and mobile coverage
- 08:39 Brazil far-right politician enters presidential race
- 08:38 Wheelchair access row over 100 rail stations
- 08:39 Iker Casillas launches staunch defence of under-fire Liverpool...
- 08:38 Quorn invests £7m into R&D on back of veganism boom
- 08:38 Anger as four million Virgin customers lose channels in UKTV row
- 08:39 Chinese Premier Li Keqiang calls for crackdown on vaccine industry
- 08:39 Trump and Iran's Rouhani trade angry threats